PDA

View Full Version : Bosque Sunrise

Doug Brown
11-20-2011, 01:15 PM
We had a fabulous sunrise at the Bosque yesterday morning. I'm not a landscape guy, but I hope I did justice to the incredible beauty of the sunrise with this photo. Pointers would be greatly appreciated!

Canon 1D Mark IV, 17-40mm @ 40mm, f/9, 1/13, ISO 200, -2/3 EC, tripod

Roger Clark
11-20-2011, 02:10 PM
Hi Doug,

Beautiful! Exposure right on and colors are fantastic. Wish I could be there. Looks to me like it needs a small clockwise rotation.

Where are all the birds?

Roger

Doug Brown
11-20-2011, 04:11 PM
Where are all the birds?

I cloned them out. After all this is a landscape forum! :w3

dankearl
11-20-2011, 04:52 PM
Nice work Doug, the only thing that would improve it would be a couple of crane silhouettes!
Fantastic color.

Ian Cassell
11-20-2011, 10:12 PM
I'm no landscape guru, Doug, but this really accurately represents the amazing sunrise we had! I do like the composition.

Roman Kurywczak
11-21-2011, 09:57 AM
Ah....those NM colors.....I too miss them!!! I like what you did here Doug.....placing the tree in the LL was a good move as it give the scene a nice anchor point.....while not the grandest scene....it is a classic from that location and for me....the sky has enough interest to pull it off! Only suggestions are.....maybe....maybe....a small cropp off the top....eliminating the weakest red band and giving the slightly vert one a bit more impact. The other tip is for next tiem out......try f/22 or ISO 100 or pop on polariser......not for DOF.....but for a slower SS. That may have done the trick to smoth out the water ripples even further....but be careful!!!.....if the clouds were moving fast.....may also blur them so a fine line. Hope you are having a blast in Bosque and hope the tips help.

Doug Brown
11-21-2011, 10:21 AM
The other tip is for next tiem out......try f/22 or ISO 100 or pop on polariser......not for DOF.....but for a slower SS. That may have done the trick to smoth out the water ripples even further....but be careful!!!.....if the clouds were moving fast.....may also blur them so a fine line.

Never thought of doing that before. Thanks for the tip!

Robert Amoruso
11-21-2011, 04:00 PM
Roman beat me too it. Long exposure would have been killer here.

When I want clouds sharp and water blurred, I will shot two exposures and merge later. That would have been easy here with the dark horizon line.

Andrew McLachlan
11-21-2011, 05:42 PM
Hi Doug, great colors, agree with Roman on blurring the water...and sometimes the clouds look interesting when they blur too.:S3:

Brendan Dozier
11-22-2011, 11:26 PM
Pretty freakin awesome Bosque sunrise, Doug! Great light, colors, and nicely composed.

Dennis "Curly" Buchner
11-23-2011, 02:17 PM
Great shot Doug but would like to see birds in water or sky as it is Bosque. wish I was there also

Rachel Hollander
11-23-2011, 09:37 PM
Doug - good suggestions above but great color and clouds. I too really like the comp with the placement of the tree.

TFS,
Rachel

Morkel Erasmus
11-28-2011, 06:53 AM
Gorgeous colours here Doug! This is the light we 'scapers dream of...
You could have left the birds in...I would have :t3.

Good job on the colour - looks nice and vivid without being "overdone". I agree on a very slight rotation but not a biggy.

Some might think the FG is a bit 'bland' here but a shot like this is all about the sky...