PDA

View Full Version : Country Road

Jay Sheinfield
11-19-2011, 11:53 AM
From a recent trip back to the Smoky's. It was a frosty fall morning with the sun just starting to break through the fog. I wanted a slight dreamy look to the image. I started with a base layer of TOPAZ, Simplify. Added a bit of glow, enhanced the fog a bit, some lighting work and then back to Clean and PS to grunge it up just slightly for effect.............hope you like it............

John Storjohann
11-19-2011, 12:03 PM
Jay, have you ever seen any of the paintings by Thomas Kindade? This image evokes his style...painter of light. Fantastic processing....I really like the treatment of color and texture you created with the trees and the fog...strong composition though I might have left just a bit more room on the left. This would be incredible as a large canvas print...your style continues to evolve and become a stronger and stronger personal statement...this is outstanding.

denise ippolito
11-19-2011, 12:07 PM
Jay, I think you achieved the result you were after. It has a nice mood and soft dreamy quality to it that I like very much. I see John's point regarding the left but this image drew me right in the minute I looked at it. I love the hints of red and detail through out. A wall hanger indeed!:S3:

Jay Sheinfield
11-19-2011, 12:22 PM
Jay, have you ever seen any of the paintings by Thomas Kindade? This image evokes his style...painter of light. Fantastic processing....I really like the treatment of color and texture you created with the trees and the fog...strong composition though I might have left just a bit more room on the left. This would be incredible as a large canvas print...your style continues to evolve and become a stronger and stronger personal statement...this is outstanding.

Hey John, thank you for kind words. Kinkade's work is a fav of mine........I can only dream of mastering his lighting technique in photographs.:S3: I agree on left, a stitched Pan of the scene would have been neat. Didn't think of it in the field.:e3 Thanks again............

Jay Sheinfield
11-19-2011, 12:32 PM
Jay, I think you achieved the result you were after. It has a nice mood and soft dreamy quality to it that I like very much. I see John's point regarding the left but this image drew me right in the minute I looked at it. I love the hints of red and detail through out. A wall hanger indeed!:S3:

Thanks so much Denise. Mixing detail with glow and/or fog is a technique I am still working on..........Topaz/Clean, just by accident helped on this one, but it's kind of a hit and miss thing.

Dennis Bishop
11-19-2011, 01:02 PM
Jay, this is absolutely beautiful. The fog and frost with the glow is a double whammy. With the road disappearing and the tones of all the elements being more subdued farther into the background, there's a wonderful feeling of depth.

Consciously, I recognized those things as well as the texture, colors, and mood contributed to its appeal. Wondering if there was something else, I superimposed a divine proportion grid on it, and that revealed the subconscious thing I didn't recognize. Many of the spatial relationships matched that almost exactly. Interestingly, some of that might have been lost with more room on the left.

Cheryl Slechta
11-19-2011, 03:17 PM
Jay, I immediately thought of Kincade when I saw this! It is lovely in all respects - I especially like the contrast of the fog and what looks like frost on the road and grasses. The lighting is superb:S3:

Maureen Allen
11-19-2011, 03:34 PM
This is such a lovely, soft dreamy image. Wonderful work, Jay :S3:

Mitch Carucci
11-19-2011, 06:30 PM
Magical! I love this pic!

Andrew McLachlan
11-19-2011, 08:54 PM
Hi Jay, pretty much perfect to me...a wall hanger indeed. :cheers:

Brendan Dozier
11-20-2011, 03:42 AM
Very nicely done, Jay! Great base image, and excellent processing to bring out the frosty, fog feel of this beautiful scene.

Judy Howle
11-21-2011, 10:03 AM
Wonderful capture and processing Jay! I love the mix of detail and soft glow effect. Is that in Cade's Cove, one of my favorite places?

Jay Sheinfield
11-21-2011, 12:19 PM
Wonderful capture and processing Jay! I love the mix of detail and soft glow effect. Is that in Cade's Cove, one of my favorite places?

Thanks Judy. Yes, Cade"s Cove. Sparks Lane is the road this was taken...............Agree, one of my favorite places also.:S3:

Judy Howle
11-21-2011, 04:31 PM
I thought so! I went blank on the name of the road. I've been down it in spring and fall several times.

John Ippolito
11-27-2011, 06:19 PM
Extraordinary in my opinion. Comp, treatment pretty much perfect, and my eye keeps following that road up the hill. Wouldn't change a thing. Beautiful work, Jay!