PDA

View Full Version : just another Cattle Egret

Randy Rimland
11-18-2011, 08:43 AM
D300s + 70-200VR2 + 1.4TC at The Gator Farm in St Augustine Fl

http://www.carolina-sportsphotography.com/photos/i-tVp9HgG/0/XL/i-tVp9HgG-XL.jpg

Randy Stout
11-18-2011, 08:54 AM
Randy:

I think cattle egrets are quite nice in their breeding plumage, but don't get a lot of love sometimes.

Good looking individual, sharp, well exposed. Shooting angle not too steep.

Two points, head is turned away from us, and in a perfect world, would prefer not to have the stick sweeping across the abdomen.

Cheers

Randy

Randy Rimland
11-18-2011, 09:27 AM
Randy:

I think cattle egrets are quite nice in their breeding plumage, but don't get a lot of love sometimes.

Good looking individual, sharp, well exposed. Shooting angle not too steep.

Two points, head is turned away from us, and in a perfect world, would prefer not to have the stick sweeping across the abdomen.

Cheers

Randy

thanks Randy

Stu Bowie
11-18-2011, 10:34 AM
Randy, lots of detail to look at, and the breeding colours are spot on. We cant plan where they will perch, but the twig across the body does distract a tad. I agree that the egret turning his head more towards you would have worked better.

Randy Rimland
11-18-2011, 10:54 AM
Randy, lots of detail to look at, and the breeding colours are spot on. We cant plan where they will perch, but the twig across the body does distract a tad. I agree that the egret turning his head more towards you would have worked better.

thanks Stuart

Dan Busby
11-18-2011, 06:51 PM
First and foremost, you have excellent exposure and detail and that makes the shot. Lovely leg colour to match and complement the beak. If I had a choice I would rather not have the branch in front, but it doesn't break the image for me.

Robert Holguin
11-19-2011, 01:09 AM
Wonderful image. Exposure is spot on, real nice perch, I really like the comp, a better head angle would have been nice, but still a great shot.
Well done.