PDA

View Full Version : China Poot Bay

Indranil Sircar
11-18-2011, 01:07 AM
I downloaded the new upgrade and tried out on this China Poot Bay/Homer image taken using my Canon G11. I have to say I am loving this new version... it is a significant improvement and provides complete control in a single layer. For this image, I used three different effects Classic(on water), Vibrant (on mountains) and HDR (for sky). Each time used local adjustment for brush out and edge aware followed by finishing touches for warmth and in some cases transparency (water and sky). Other than cropping and saving for web, I did everything within Adjust 5!! Hope you like it...

John Storjohann
11-18-2011, 07:40 AM
I'm impressed with the processing done with Topaz Adjust 5; downloaded it myself this morning, but haven't used it yet. A good amount of detail and texture captured in the trees and water...great play of light and shadow in the clouds...I find my eye looking for something to lock onto and hold onto..an anchor point somewhere in the image..but that may just be me. Great "flow" to the clouds over the lower elevations...nicely processed!

denise ippolito
11-18-2011, 09:32 AM
Indranil, Nice job with the Topaz Adjust 5. I like the scene and the clouds and fog are awesome! I really like the grey/silver color tones look you chose for the mountains. Nice job! It brings back memories of Alaska!:S3:

Roman Kurywczak
11-18-2011, 01:46 PM
Nice mood to this Indranil! I like the way the fog rolls along the hills! Very good job with the processing too!

Dennis Bishop
11-19-2011, 12:03 AM
Very nice, Indranil. That sky looks three-dimensional. I've never seriously though about Adjust, but I'm going to have to take a serious look at it, now.

Jay Sheinfield
11-19-2011, 09:34 AM
Hi Indranil,

Nice processing approach on this. I see John's point.............I did a quick browser crop about an inch off the bottom, and liked the effect of drawing my eye to the sky, which is quite beautiful. Something to consider.

Cheryl Slechta
11-19-2011, 11:42 AM
Indranil, I just started experimenting with Adjust 5 - you obviously have it figured out:bg3: I love the details and the depth to the image and the clouds are wonderful.

Andrew McLachlan
11-19-2011, 08:50 PM
Very nice Indranil...I love the fog rolling over the mountain tops. Nice work!