PDA

View Full Version : The way to end a day

Don Lacy
11-17-2011, 08:57 PM
My day started at 2:45am as I willed my way out of bed after three hours of sleep to make the drive across the state to meet my friend for first light at Estero. After a very productive morning we broke for lunch and headed to another location for the evening shoot but we really did not have the right tide and I was tempted to quit early since I had a three hour drive back across the state but I thought if I stayed the water might just drop enough for some activity during the last hour of light. Which it did and I was lucky enough to be able to work this Little Blue as the light faded from the sky and 18 hours later I was back in my house exhausted and rejuvenated at the same time.

1Dmk3, 500 f/4, 1/160 at f/5.6, Aperture Priority, Evaluative Metered, ISO 640, Tripod, Small crop

Tom Redd
11-17-2011, 09:18 PM
Don, nice colors and BG in this shot. If possible, I might have cropped a bit more off the bottom and left a bit more canvas on the top. Very nice image. TFS

wendell westfall
11-17-2011, 09:52 PM
Don, I like everything about it -- even the smudge on its beak.

Wendell

Robert Holguin
11-17-2011, 11:54 PM
Wonderful image. Love the light, great pose, and sweet background. Very well worth the wait.
Well done.

Roger Clark
11-17-2011, 11:55 PM
Hi Don,

Nice shading on the bird and nice feather detail. Great use of light and angle to the light.

Roger

Stu Bowie
11-18-2011, 04:02 AM
Don, the late afternoon light has rendered lovely warm colours. Good HA, and although the ripples are level, his leaning legs are playing tricks with my eyes. :w3

Roger Clark
11-18-2011, 09:18 AM
Stuart,
Good catch. The image needs rotation clockwise. Check where the leg meets the body and the corresponding point in the reflection. Those two points should be on a vertical line.

Roger

Daniel Cadieux
11-18-2011, 09:47 AM
Great light and perfect composition. Yes, a bit of CW rotation is needed now that it is mentioned.

A super day indeed from the sounds of it!

Don Lacy
11-18-2011, 11:11 AM
Thanks for the catch guys I ket thinking something was off with the bird but I went with the ripples on the water here is a rotated version.