PDA

View Full Version : I can flap too.

Tom Rambaut
11-17-2011, 04:14 PM
This little chap was copying its parents flapping. I'm sure you have all seen a Swan lift out of the water and flap its wings. This guys wings are so small that it looked very odd and clumsy. This was taken a few weeks ago - there are still four signets and they are growing up fast. Suspect some cropping off the bottom might help? Sun was not behind me and it was early afternoon so light was still a bit harsh.
1d MK4, 500 + 2x ext, 1/800 @ 10, 500ISO, EV 0

Thanks Tom.

James Fuller
11-17-2011, 07:55 PM
This is a funny pose. Made me smile.
As you suggested cropping from the bottom would help. I would also suggest cropping a little from the right.

Randy Stout
11-17-2011, 08:04 PM
Tom:

Very cute. It looks like he is about to tip over.

Yes to non ideal light angle, but still a compelling image.

I might reduce the exposure by 1/4 stop or so, rather bright as is.

I agree with James about a crop up from the bottom, bit above your sig, and a little more room on the left if you have it.

Cheers

Randy

Don Lacy
11-17-2011, 09:01 PM
Put a smile on my face when I open it . well done

Daniel Cadieux
11-17-2011, 09:04 PM
Look at those tiny wings and I love the visible movement in them...you wouldn't think they would be big enough to create flying droplets of water!!:S3: Very cute image, and a smile maker. I agree the comp would have been better with the litlle guy lower in the frame.

Tom Rambaut
11-18-2011, 04:48 PM
Tom:

Very cute. It looks like he is about to tip over.

Yes to non ideal light angle, but still a compelling image.

I might reduce the exposure by 1/4 stop or so, rather bright as is.

I agree with James about a crop up from the bottom, bit above your sig, and a little more room on the left if you have it.

Cheers

Randy

Thanks Randy - I have reworked the next frame in the series - same techs - and pulled back the exposure a bit. Will not post here but you suggestion makes a difference.