PDA

View Full Version : Snake River Morning

Roman Kurywczak
11-17-2011, 12:16 PM
Been away a lot running my tours.....Tanzania, Yellowstone, Arches, and Bryce & Zion.....so haven't been around lately. Should have more time now. This is from my last tour to Tetons and Yellowstone. Thick fire smoke but sometimes.....it helps at Sunrise when there are no clouds! There was a bit of fog that morning in the valley by the snake river....at the base of the Tetons is the fire smoke.
Canon 1D Mark 3 with 28-135mm lens at 33mm for 4sec. at f/16 and ISO 200. Reverse GND and 2 split GND's stacked. Saved at 53 Quality.

Jay Gould
11-17-2011, 03:23 PM
Welcome Back! Quite lovely and a bit of CCW :eek3: will take it over the top. :t3 :bg3:

Andrew McLachlan
11-17-2011, 09:10 PM
Hey Roman, love the color of the sky and the autumn aspens too! Our autumn display was rather dismal this year.

Rachel Hollander
11-17-2011, 09:39 PM
Roman - Welcome back! I know that view. Nice colors and I like the effect of the fog and the smoke.

TFS,
Rachel

Don Railton
11-17-2011, 11:22 PM
Hi Roman

Yes, I too love the colours especially the Aspen and the sky. Not so happy with the fog/smoke at the base of the mountain, sort of smudges over detail I would prefer to see, but I do like the smoke in the immediate foreground.

Don

Andrew Aveley
11-18-2011, 12:20 AM
Great colour and warmth to this image. Nice to see you back :)

Valerio Tarone
11-18-2011, 03:39 PM
Hi Roman nice to see you again! I hope you'' ll show some more of Tanzania. I'm a bit shy in writing critiques to a teacher as you! Well. like the colors <,but I find the trees in lower part have too space, better to crop a bit.

Mark Wiseman
11-20-2011, 06:41 AM
Hi Roman,
Lovely image. I like it a lot, especially the pastel coloured sky and the colours of the autumn trees. I wonder, Is it possible to get an image of the bend in the river?,as I think that image would be amazing
Thanks for sharing and best wishes,
Mark.
:cheers:

Robert Amoruso
11-20-2011, 10:29 AM
Very cool. Love the soft pink in the sky. I like the yellow falls colors too. All in all image is composed well and proportioned (balanced) well.

Roger Clark
11-20-2011, 12:30 PM
Roman,

Very nice image. Love the fall colors and the sky. The traditional spot (tripod holes) for this location is further to the right, from on top of your vehicle. The S-curve is quite broken in your view, though perhaps you wanted that. Getting an unbroken S-curve is tough these days as the trees have grown taller. Ansel Adams made this location famous with his iconic image (interestingly taken in the late afternoon well before sunset). But it appears that even back when he made the image over a half century ago, he did it from the roof of his station wagon with his 8x10 mounted up there. Now days I'm not sure one can get the S-curve unobstructed even from the roof of a vehicle.

Nice image. I agree on the rotation. I would also boost contrast a little.

Roger

Roman Kurywczak
11-21-2011, 09:44 AM
Thanks all! Roger is correct about the viewpoint. I'm thinking top of RV or Tractor Trailer now Roger:S3:!

Bob Miller
11-29-2011, 09:23 PM
Hey Roman....Love the sky and fg trees....even the fsmoke at the base of the mountain is very nice but the valley floor looks too light to me....I just feel a slightly darker valley floor would go more with that sky...IMHO
Welcome back! You have some killer images to show for your travels! I will have to look into your workshop offerings.