Galliani Carlo
11-17-2011, 03:52 AM
hello everyone
Chrysopa
1/60s f/16.0 at 180.0mm iso400

http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/1272/dsc9987pbase.jpg

bhavya joshi
11-18-2011, 03:10 AM
Oh.. Wonderful Shot, Carlo... Wonderful Macro.. I really Like The Background., Composition. and The Pose of Bug. What is an Reflection in eye??

Ravi Hirekatur
11-18-2011, 04:51 PM
Beautiful image! very good focus. nice line leading to the subject. Would it be better if cropped a little on the left ?

Dave Leroy
11-18-2011, 11:13 PM
Wow. what colors. Really nice focus on the lacewing and I especially like the little head turn towards the camera. I might also consider a bit off the left.

Ken Childs
11-19-2011, 11:56 AM
Hi Carlo, you captured a great pose and some fantastic colors! The DOF is just right to get the bug in focus but still give you a nice looking BG. The petal edge leading up to the eye is a great touch. I agree that a crop from the left is needed...you want to get the eye closer to the UL ROT position. I also think I very slight increase in contrast will add some "pop" and clarity to the image. Very nice! :5

Please be sure to give as much information about your shots as possible. I recognize that pattern in the eye as something that is caused by using flash but you did not tell us that flash was used. :S3:

Galliani Carlo
11-19-2011, 04:27 PM
thanks everyone for comments
I don't know for the pattern in the eye. Normaly i don't use flash. For this shot I used sb 800 nikon in the normal way

Ken Childs
11-19-2011, 06:09 PM
thanks everyone for comments
I don't know for the pattern in the eye. Normaly i don't use flash. For this shot I used sb 800 nikon in the normal way

Carlo, maybe you didn't realize that you had the flash turned on but according to the exif data contained in your image, the flash did fire when you took this shot. That would explain the odd pattern in the eye.

Steve Maxson
11-21-2011, 03:01 PM
Hi Carlo. Beautiful colors, a nice pose, good sharpness, and I like the way that the white line leads our eye into the frame. The comp works for me, as presented, but cropping some from the left would also yield a very pleasing comp. Very well done!

Carlo, I think we would all appreciate it if you could comment on the photos of others besides your own. As you know, our guidelines suggest that people try to comment on 5 other photos each time that they post one of their own. With your talent for macro photography, I'm sure that you could provide some valuable insights to others and thereby also help to foster a sense of community on this forum. :S3:

Galliani Carlo
11-24-2011, 04:07 AM
No Ken fot this shot I used flash of my own
Thanks Steve for shot. I already explained. I would be very very happy to comment but my English is very poor and I use Google translator to help in the comments and translate of your answers, but Google translator, translates technical photography comments in all other things and become difficult for me to make constructive criticism, if not great shot etc. Slowly reading your responses I'm learning English better and I hope soon to comment