PDA

View Full Version : Bay Backed Shrike

RAM MALLYA
11-17-2011, 01:05 AM
This ones a better quality regarding the last post of this bird i had made. The BG is natural and yes this is a big crop.

Shutter speed 1/1250
Aperture F/4
ISO 640
Lens 600mm IS Canon
Camera body 1D Mark II N
Tripod
C&C welcome <fieldset class="postcontent"><legend>http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/images/BP-Light/misc/paperclip.png Attached Images
</legend> </fieldset>

MohsenVahedipour
11-17-2011, 02:57 AM
Very lovely shrike indeed. Nice dorsal pose with excellent background. Wish for more head turn. TFS

gail bisson
11-17-2011, 05:55 AM
The bird is great. The IQ (especially in the blacks) has suffered from the large crop and I find the OOF branch distracting. Nice BG.
I see a halo along the back as well that might need some attention,
Gail

Daniel Cadieux
11-17-2011, 06:39 AM
Nice bird and great BG, but I agree the big crop is affecting the overall IQ. OOF branch coming towards us is distracting, and wish for a better HA. I can see some areas where the NR was not masked properly.

Great species, keep them coming!

Ishmeet Sahni
11-17-2011, 02:08 PM
Ram, a very nice pose.... a little more sharpness on the beak, and the halo on the back is seen.
The OOF branch you can't do very much about.

Dan Busby
11-17-2011, 07:17 PM
What a great species Ram. There is lots to like about this photo - nice bkgr, fairly good detail in spite of the large crop, good exposure. I think the large branch could be cloned out and the image made into a vertical. Maybe the next version of Photoshop will have a feature to correct for head angle problems :t3. I also see the masking artifacts but that is something that can be cleaned up.