PDA

View Full Version : Incoming Osprey

Louie Champan
11-15-2011, 12:00 AM
This shot was taken on a recent trip to Florida the Cocoa area. Shot with a D300, ISO 500, f7.1, 500mm/tc1.4, shutter 3200, bias -1/3. It's always a treat to visit Florida coming from the Pacific Northwest especially during this time of year, given the weather up here.

http://www.pbase.com/loukay8/image/138939470/original.jpg

Louie

dankearl
11-15-2011, 10:11 AM
You have nice exposure and sharpness here.
If the head was not merged with the wing it would be better.

Louie Champan
11-15-2011, 11:51 AM
Thanks Dan. I was probably a little late on the trigger to capture the Osprey with its head up, I actually can't recall if I ever saw that opportunity as it was coming in to land.

Louie

Randy Stout
11-15-2011, 08:03 PM
Louie:

As I mentioned earlier, a big welcome to the BPN family. Lots of great learning goes on here.

Lots of good stuff here. Sharp, well exposed, different perch, I think the square crop works well for this subject.

Dan mentioned the main concern, about the merge of the head and rear wing. Good timing on the landing part, just bad luck to have this wing position at that moment.

Was this early or late in the day? Warm color temp, looks good.

The directional light gives some nice shadow detail and definition to the feathers.

Look forward to more.

Cheers

Randy

Be sure to comment on other folks images, it is a great way to hone your eye!

Robert Holguin
11-16-2011, 02:14 AM
Great shot. Real nice timing, exposed very well, and real good detail. Main issue already discussed.
Well done.