PDA

View Full Version : November Theme #4

Wheeler McDougal Jr.
11-14-2011, 05:48 PM
I think this is my last post on this month's theme, although if I find any more that I think are especially good I might do one more. Thank everyone for their thoughts and opinions on my former posts. Shooting info follows:
Nikon D3S
2011:03:06 18:22:28
24-70mm @ 70mm
70mm (in 35mm film)
1/60 sec, f/5.6
Mode: Manual
Metering: Multi-segment
ISO: 200
White balance: Auto
Flash: Off
File size: 133MB
Image size: 3568 x 2757
Color space: sRGB
Saturation: Normal
Sharpness: Normal
Contrast: Normal
Color profile: sRGB IEC61966-2.1

Gary Esman
11-14-2011, 07:05 PM
The 3D effect here is outstanding! Gorgeous background, sad that the wing is clipped.

Gary.

gail bisson
11-14-2011, 07:15 PM
The BG is stunning. How I wish the wing wasn't clipped...Feather detail is awesome and I like the fanned tail
Gail

Brendan Dozier
11-14-2011, 08:45 PM
Real nice capture and comp, Wheeler. Nice wingspread, tail fan, and eye contact. Great light, clouds, and color for BG.

arash_hazeghi
11-14-2011, 09:55 PM
This image is very interesting as it appears to have an almost infinity DOF at such close focus distance and f/5.6... Would you mind posting the unprocessed RAW? I am interested to see how the original capture looked like :S3:

Wheeler McDougal Jr.
11-14-2011, 11:15 PM
Congratulations Arash, you win the discovery prize, but I am surprised that you discovered the replaced background with the shooting data. I suspected that someone would blow it up and see the mastakes I made when I did the replacement. I am glad you discovered it the way you did as it makes me feel I am getting a little beter with PS. I would have come clean if nobody had discoved it, but I never thought that would happen as there are too many very sharp, like yourself, photographers for that to happen. . BTW the original had just a blue sky for the BG. Interesting enough I did blur the added BG a bit, but obviously not nearly enough. Congratulations again.

Mac:S3:

arash_hazeghi
11-14-2011, 11:34 PM
Congratulations Arash, you win the discovery prize, but I am surprised that you discovered the replaced background with the shooting data. I suspected that someone would blow it up and see the mastakes I made when I did the replacement. I am glad you discovered it the way you did as it makes me feel I am getting a little beter with PS. I would have come clean if nobody had discoved it, but I never thought that would happen as there are too many very sharp, like yourself, photographers for that to happen. . BTW the original had just a blue sky for the BG. Interesting enough I did blur the added BG a bit, but obviously not nearly enough. Congratulations again.

Mac:S3:

Mac there are actually some halos around the edges that do give a "cut and paste" look but that could be from masking, the DOF is the giveaway :w3

Sometimes a white bird stands out nicely against a dark blue BG. perhaps the original was not that bad?

Dumay de Boulle
11-15-2011, 05:30 AM
Im enjoying these different poses, but feel you need to back off the sharpening a bit.