PDA

View Full Version : Little Stint

Danny Laredo
11-08-2011, 09:34 PM
Image taken down in Eilast salt ponds last month.
For those who dont know, Eilat is a major resting and feeding spot for birds on migration either coming back from Africa or going back to Africa. Its basically their last/first proper place to rest and fed before or after crossing the desert.

Still, these Little Stints sure did waste lots of energy going after each other even though there was plenty of food.

MKII 500F4+TC x1.4 1/3200 F6.3 ISO400

http://www.pbase.com/danny_laredo/image/138858114.jpg

All C&C welcomed and appreciated.

Brendan Dozier
11-09-2011, 12:02 AM
Nice behavior interaction capture, Danny. Looks like a pretty vigorous scuffle they're in. Like the tight frame, details and great BG color with good contrast to birds. Also like the little bit of IF FG texture of sand/pebbles in the corner. Wondered about rotation, but thinking that is probably just the natural slope of the salt pond. Nice work!

Gary Esman
11-09-2011, 05:54 AM
Great interaction here! Looks like the one on the left has the upper foot...sorry bad joke:bg3: Exposure looks good and the birds are sharp. Only wish one of the wings on the right bird was more outstretched to show some detail, very minor though. Love the blue background. Very nice shot.

Gary.

Ofer Levy
11-09-2011, 06:49 AM
This is a wonderful behaviour shot!!! Kol hakavod!!!:cheers:

Petros Petrou
11-09-2011, 01:53 PM
Great action shot! Exposure looks perfect. I wish it was in higher resolution in order to see more details. Thanks for sharing this!

Daniel Cadieux
11-09-2011, 05:00 PM
Cool fighting behaviour image!! I wish for a bit more canvas below to show more ground (and them left to balance it again). A small spot near upper wing tip needs eliminating. All else looks great...that must have been fun to photogrpah...and I bet you couldn't wait to sit at the computer to view the images on the monitor!!:S3: