View Full Version : fire salamander

tiziano cei
11-08-2011, 05:09 PM
canon 7d + sigma 150
1/80 f11 iso400

http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/4581/950g.jpg

Brendan Dozier
11-09-2011, 01:36 AM
Very cool looking salamander, like the bright yellow and black coloring. Nice pose with diagonal line, good details. The mid section seems a bit OOF, maybe a bit more dof would have helped. I might be tempted to blur BG some more.

Steve Maxson
11-10-2011, 03:27 PM
Hi Tiziano. What a colorful salamander! I like the pose and comp and you have excellent sharpness around the head where it matters most. I would wish for softer light to reduce the number of specular highlights (always a problem for moist-bodied amphibians). In the field, you could try moving the subject to a shady location or try using a diffusion screen to soften the light. Overall, this is very well done.

Ken Childs
11-11-2011, 03:32 PM
Hey Tiziano, what a cool looking salamander! The colors look good and the pose is perfect! This looks a little dark and I think you could squeeze out a bit more detail with a SH adjustment. A little more DOF would have been nice but the important parts, the head and tail are sharp. Some painting or cloning over the specular highlights would definitely improve this. Nice work overall! :S3:

jack williamson
11-11-2011, 06:03 PM
Great find and a very good image Tiziano. The head is very sharp and full of detail. Specular highlights already mentioned. These colors in nature usually represent a warning, is this salamander toxic to predators?

Jack