PDA

View Full Version : Predaceous Diving Beetle - 2

Steve Maxson
11-07-2011, 10:27 AM
Another shot of the 40 mm long Predaceous Diving Beetle (Dytiscus sp.) taken in my 2 gallon aquarium setup. 5D II, 100 mm macro, 1/100, f/16, ISO 100, MT24-EX macro twin flash (diffused), tripod. I cleaned up many tiny bits of debris in the water that were illuminated by the flash (a large beetle swimming around in a small space can stir up a LOT of debris :t3 ) and ran nr on the background. All comments are welcome and appreciated.

Julie Kenward
11-07-2011, 03:46 PM
I'd say that's about as perfect a macro image as I'll ever see. The details and focus is impeccable and there isn't a single spec that needs removing. Beautifully done Steve!

bhavya joshi
11-08-2011, 09:35 AM
That's call a perfection.. not a single dust or any color spot in image.. Clean ans sharp..I really like your aquarium creatures.. Wat is a size of it..??

Carel v/d Sanden
11-08-2011, 04:09 PM
verry nice picture.
I love it.

Brendan Dozier
11-09-2011, 01:49 AM
Another Wow, Steve! Very cool looking beetle, and real nice comp and exposure on this. You captured that great translucent glow in the appendages & abdomen, which I think in addition to the great detail, really puts these aquarium images of yours over the top.

Ken Childs
11-11-2011, 03:26 PM
Steve, this is one of if not the best of your aquarium images! There really isn't anything that could be done to improve this. The double diagonal, the light, the sharpness all look perfect!

What are you using as a BG?

jack williamson
11-11-2011, 06:08 PM
This is very high quality Steve! Very clean, excellent bg.

Jack

Steve Maxson
11-15-2011, 01:17 PM
Thanks for your kind words everyone!

Ken: Last summer, Jonathan suggested that I try a brown background rather than the blue/green one I had been using. This was an attempt to do that - the background is simply a piece of brown cardboard. I think it works well, though I still tend to prefer the blue/green. :S3: