PDA

View Full Version : Theme LAUGH AGAIN

Cheryl Arena Molennor
11-06-2011, 07:18 PM
This past March. Anybody know what's wrong with the bill on the left side gull?
Camera Model Canon EOS 7D
Shooting Mode Aperture-Priority AE
Tv( Shutter Speed ) 1/640
Av( Aperture Value ) 13.0
ISO Speed 400
Lens EF300mm f/2.8L IS USM +2.0x

C&C always Thanks

Randy Stout
11-06-2011, 07:29 PM
Cheryl:

I really like the shapes/poses of the birds and reflection. Good choice to go to f/13, still not quite enough DOF to cover both birds.

I like the overall comp.

I don't know what is wrong with the bill on left. Perhaps drop John Chardine a PM, and he can enlighten us.

Cheers

Randy

Doug Brown
11-06-2011, 07:30 PM
Smart choice of aperture Cheryl. Like the overlapping of the birds, the calm water, and the soft reflections. Would have liked a slightly better head angle from the bird on the left. I don't have a clue what's wrong with the one bird's bill.

Ofer Levy
11-06-2011, 07:34 PM
Lovely shot Cheryl! Excellent techs and composition. I also have no idea what's that thing but please get rid of it....:tinysmile_shy_t:

Cheryl Arena Molennor
11-06-2011, 07:37 PM
Lovely shot Cheryl! Excellent techs and composition. I also have no idea what's that thing but please get rid of it....:tinysmile_shy_t:

lol:S3:

Marina Scarr
11-06-2011, 08:55 PM
I photographed that same gull this past Spring, Cheryl. I was so excited to see it in breeding plumage, and then I saw the growth and was bummed for the bird and for my shots. I like what you were going for here.

Cheryl Arena Molennor
11-06-2011, 09:12 PM
I photographed that same gull this past Spring, Cheryl. I was so excited to see it in breeding plumage, and then I saw the growth and was bummed for the bird and for my shots. I like what you were going for here.

That's crazy Marina wonder if he'll be back? I guess I'll remove that crazy thingy for my final shot. Gonna go out soon for ducks? I'm ready

Arthur Morris
11-07-2011, 12:25 AM
Ditto all the pluses above and yes to a better head angle for Lefty. I have seen similar stuff that I have been sure were growths and others where the tongue was protruding through an injury to the lower mandible, possibly from been sliced open by the fin of a fish. This one looks like the former but....

arash_hazeghi
11-07-2011, 12:28 AM
nice composition agree with HA points above, would also sharpen the right bird a bit more. TFS!

Dumay de Boulle
11-07-2011, 07:14 AM
I quite like the idea, the exp and comp look great...Nice for something different!

Stu Bowie
11-07-2011, 07:55 AM
Cheryl, love the opposite poses, exposure and reflections. Placing them centrally was the only way to go, and its always interesting to find out how a subject got its 'growth'

Cheryl Arena Molennor
11-07-2011, 08:29 AM
Thanks everybody

Kaustubh Deshpande
11-07-2011, 12:54 PM
Cheryl, terrific composition and choice of f-stop. nice light and shooting angle. the growth does not bother me.

Were the whites blown a bit in the orig raw capture?

Cheryl Arena Molennor
11-07-2011, 03:00 PM
Cheryl, terrific composition and choice of f-stop. nice light and shooting angle. the growth does not bother me.

Were the whites blown a bit in the orig raw capture?

Thanks Kaustubh . I don't believe they were blown why do you ask?

Kaustubh Deshpande
11-07-2011, 03:12 PM
some areas appeared a little too bright without details. hence asked. may be its just the light and the web size.

Cheryl Arena Molennor
11-07-2011, 07:12 PM
some areas appeared a little too bright without details. hence asked. may be its just the light and the web size.

I could have brightened too much in pp?