PDA

View Full Version : Fracted Fox

Bob Miller
11-05-2011, 11:16 PM
I finally got a full body shot of a fox yesterday at Bombay Hook De. After processing the image normally i decided to see what the fractilius filter would do> Masked the eye and nose back in.
Nikon D3s
500 mm
1/1000 sec at f8
ISO 1000
All comments welcome!

Dennis Bishop
11-05-2011, 11:43 PM
I like the way this turned out, Bob. The colors are great, and catching the fox with that lighting really makes it dramatic. I also like the turn of its head, the diagonal from its ears to the tip of its tail, and its placement in the image. My own preference is to apply Fractalius sparingly, but I think it works very well here with just the eye and nose brought back. The limited depth of field reduced the effect in the background so it doesn't compete with the fox in the foreground. Very nice.

denise ippolito
11-06-2011, 08:03 AM
Bob, This is terrific! Soft and beautiful. I like the amount of Fract that you used and the effect of it on the subject and background. My preference would be for a little more room top and left but it is lovely as presented. Nice job!

Gary Hamilton
11-06-2011, 08:34 AM
I love the pose and the expression on the fox' face. Just the right amount of Fract here for me for this image. I think that lightening the fox a bit would really take this image over the top because it would add a little more separation from the BG. Overall, very well done!

Steve Berkowitz
11-06-2011, 11:28 AM
Looks great to me - I think I would lighten the fox a bit, too. Sure with I could get Fract on the Mac. Steve

Cheryl Slechta
11-06-2011, 04:35 PM
Bob, I love the way this turned out. Just the right amount of fractalius and I love the soft glow surrounding the front of the fox. Nice work:S3:

Andrew McLachlan
11-06-2011, 08:23 PM
Hi Bob, love the fract effect here. Very nice work!

Mitch Carucci
11-08-2011, 04:59 PM
Beautiful Fox, and beautiful processing. Just right.

Indranil Sircar
11-08-2011, 09:03 PM
Very nice fox image. I almost thought this was pb/oil till I realized it was fract! Very nice processing.