PDA

View Full Version : Little Egret (Egretta garzetta)

Humberto Ramos
11-05-2011, 05:26 PM
This two Egret's are one of the parents (on the right) and son (the left one).
In my region, after the chicks leaving the nest, they go to a small island and stay there waiting for their parents in this island. The parents go to hunt and when they have enough food they come to feed the chicks in this island.
In this picture the parent had just arrived and is feeding the youngster.

1/8000, f/6.3, ISO 400
7D + 600mm f/4 IS + aquatic blind

Ofer Levy
11-05-2011, 08:40 PM
Interesting behaviour shot. Exposure looks good. Maybe a bit too much OOF FG.

Doug Brown
11-06-2011, 09:03 AM
I think Ofer nailed this critique. Great behavior, perfect DOF, and a solid exposure. Just a bit too much OOF FG at the bottom of the frame.

Humberto Ramos
11-06-2011, 09:22 AM
Thanks for your comments, I agree with the OOF on the FG, but I can't do nothing, its a small peace of land that was between me and the birds...

Stu Bowie
11-06-2011, 12:50 PM
Well exposed Humberto, and well timed to capture the feeding behaviour. With regards to the OOF FG, you could crop up from the bottom to eliminate some of it. Just leave a little for the feet. :w3

Kaustubh Deshpande
11-07-2011, 03:24 PM
HUmberto...I dont mind the FG blur...when you go super low( and I love that perspective), at times that is unavoidable. moment and exposure are terrific.

But the composition does not work IMO. All that space to the right is not adding much and disturbing the balance. you probably have frames where the adult's stretched wing fills that up..... For this frame though, I think you can crop some from the right.