PDA

View Full Version : The Blue and The Gold

Julie Kenward
11-04-2011, 07:38 PM
Here's another leaf from the images I took right before the rain came down and washed away almost every leaf left. Oh well...at least I was there while they were blowing down and hitting the water!

Canon 40D, EF 400mm f/5.6L
f8 @ 1/400, ISO 400
Natural late afternoon light, no flash, Daylight WB, evaluative metering
Processed in CS5.

Bob Miller
11-05-2011, 10:36 PM
Jules.....the gold on the blue is just beautiful! Really loving this! You might consider cropping some from the bottom to bring the leaf more forward in the composition.

Gary Hamilton
11-06-2011, 08:10 AM
I am really enjoying this series of images. Nice low angle to capture this wonderful color combination. I agree with Bob about the crop as the leaf seems to be a bit in no-man's-land right now. Overall, very well done!

Julie Kenward
11-06-2011, 10:26 AM
Thanks gentlemen, I'll take another look at that crop!

Ken Childs
11-06-2011, 11:21 AM
The blue and gold is a striking color combo and that gold shine in the water at the center of the leaf is brilliant and makes this image special, IMHO! I Agree this needs a different crop but I'm not sure if moving the leaf forward is needed...I'm inclined to crop some from the top and add some to the bottom. :S3:

Steve Maxson
11-07-2011, 11:08 AM
You've been scoring a lot of cool images with these leaves, Jules! The colors are beautiful and the sharpness on the front half of the leaf is outstanding. (If the DOF was great enough to also get the back half of the leaf sharp, this image would be off the charts - maybe f/11 at 1/200?.) I really like the interaction going on between the leaf edge and the surface tension of the water. The crop is subjective, but I would tend to agree with Ken's idea to add more room at the bottom and less on top. Overall, this is a very strong image!

OvidiuCavasdan
11-19-2011, 10:42 AM
Beautiful colors, I like that golden shine,...not sure about how to crop....but I think I like this one the most in your leaves series.