PDA

View Full Version : Chili Frog

Tomislav Kljucaric
11-04-2011, 04:26 PM
http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/8517/mypreciousflatbird.jpg

Found this little frog on the chili pepper in my garden.

Nikon D40x
Nikkor 60mm
Iso 200
F 8
1/200
Hand held

Julie Kenward
11-04-2011, 07:32 PM
I thought to myself, "What the heck is a chili frog?" Now I know! That is too cute! Love the green/red color scheme and the fact that his feet are red against that red pepper! Only thing I can think of that might make this stronger would be to lower him in the frame just a bit - he really looks like he's a second away from hopping out of the frame!

Ken Childs
11-06-2011, 11:02 AM
Hi Tomislav, tt was very nice of this little frog to pose on such a colorful perch...the red and green make a nice contrast to each other. I know you cropped it this was because you wanted to get the tip of the chili in the frame but I think it might feel more balance if you cropped in tighter, maybe with a slight CCW rotation. Here's a quick edit to show you what I had in mind.

bhavya joshi
11-06-2011, 12:47 PM
Interesting to see the frog on chilli peeper.. :bg3:,love the contrast, and agree with ken about cropping and rotating.

Tomislav Kljucaric
11-06-2011, 05:15 PM
Thank you everyone, i understand what are you aiming at, but I still think that in Ken s version you can not tell that the frog is on the chili.
Maybe I am wrong but I think it is all about the chili (chili is small) and the frog who turn to be a lot smaller than a chilli peper, especially on a large print.

Tomislav

Steve Maxson
11-07-2011, 10:41 AM
Hi Tomislav. Your image is very dramatic with the red, green, and black! Very nice sharpness on the frog. I like Ken's alternate crop, but I can appreciate your desire to show the tip of the chilli - IMO, there is a place for both versions. :S3: You might try to open up the shadow under the back leg a little and I would suggest trying to brighten the lower portion of the eye a bit - these small tweaks will make your strong image even better!