PDA

View Full Version : Small Alaskan Cabin

denise ippolito
11-04-2011, 03:50 PM
I saw this old dilapidated cabin and thought that it would make a neat Christmas card. I added some snow and made the dead tree a little crisp for interest. I did evict the bright white sign attached to the cabin. The row of gulls at the water line appealed to me. I used Topaz Simplify Nik Color Efex and PS Poster Edges. I really don't want a border on it.

Dennis Bishop
11-04-2011, 08:11 PM
Great minds ... Before reading anything, my eyes went to the image, and I thought to myself that it would make a great Christmas card. It looks like the reds and greens in the sky are from trees on a hill behind the cabin. Whatever their origin, I like them. They tie in with the same colors in the rest of the image, as does the dark background with the shadows in front of both the log and the great gold vegetation. I really like what you've done with this.

It's too bad the background on which we view these images is so light. The default display in Photoshop with the darker gray and the shadow at the bottom works much better. (When I realized the water was fading into the light gray, I pulled it into Photoshop, and that made a big difference. I did the same thing, recently, with an image Jules had framed in white.)

Andrew McLachlan
11-04-2011, 09:03 PM
Hi Denise, this is great! I love the added snow and filtering you did. It does look like a great Christmas card. Looks great with the slight pano crop also. beautiful work!:S3:

Bill Jobes
11-04-2011, 11:51 PM
That's a beautiful creation, Denise ! The perfect card for the season.

denise ippolito
11-05-2011, 08:27 AM
Thanks guys, I appreciate it.:S3:

Julie Kenward
11-05-2011, 10:42 AM
It is definitely Christmas card material, Denise. The overall scene really comes together nicely. My only concern is that the birds seem to get a bit lost with the snow falling over them...but I bet they are easier to see on the actual print.

Indranil Sircar
11-05-2011, 10:23 PM
Denise, this is awesome! Beautiful card. I can already feel Christmas round the corner :S3:

Cheryl Slechta
11-06-2011, 05:27 PM
Denise, this will make a perfect Christmas card:S3: I love the snow action.

Stu Bowie
11-08-2011, 10:15 AM
Hi Denise, well, its getting to that time of year, and you have showed that up very well here. Any cabin in my eyes really adds to an image, and I like the inclusion of the water and gulls. Well done on adding the snow.

denise ippolito
11-08-2011, 05:38 PM
Thanks everyone!:S3: