PDA

View Full Version : Wave To Me

Julie Kenward
11-04-2011, 03:37 PM
I've been on vacation this past week and have been out shooting almost every morning. This is a water reflection image from this morning with the color of the trees bouncing around on the surface of a small pond near my home. I used Color Efex Pro 4 to add a boost to the colors and the exposure filter in CS5 to add depth and brightness.

Dennis Bishop
11-04-2011, 03:49 PM
Brilliant fall colors, and I really like the way the white highlights work with them. I might prefer the yellows weren't quite so intense, but the overall effect is powerful.

denise ippolito
11-04-2011, 03:52 PM
Beautiful Jules, the pattern and colors are gorgeous. I'm not sure if that is noise I see in the BG.

Julie Kenward
11-04-2011, 05:44 PM
Denise, I ran a round of noise reduction but then increased the darker tones so it could be. Dennis, I understand why you feel the yellows are a bit intense - I agree - but taking them down seemed to pull the punch out of the image so I left them there. Thank you both for your comments!

Andrew McLachlan
11-04-2011, 08:58 PM
Hi Julie, a blaze of colors for sure! Love the wave pattern. I'm a little jealous over these lovely autumn colors. The leaves up here fell off the trees dried and brown...not even a chance for nice fallen leaf shots.:S3:

Indranil Sircar
11-05-2011, 10:29 PM
Hi Julie, I just love those brilliant fall colors and the pattern in the water. Wonderful processing!

Bob Miller
11-05-2011, 11:09 PM
Jules....i like everything about this image. It is a wonderful abstract! I even like the noise(?) ...it seems to add some texture!

Gary Hamilton
11-06-2011, 08:46 AM
What eye candy! I love the intense colors, even if they did get a boost. This would probably look awesome printed on metal. A wall hanger for sure--at least in a house with a bright, contemporary decor.

Cheryl Slechta
11-06-2011, 05:28 PM
Jules, I love the colors and the flow - it makes a great abstract and I think it would look great as a metal print:S3:

Ken Childs
11-07-2011, 11:12 AM
Jules, I can see you made the most of your week off! You've been posting some wonderful images with incredible colors in here and in the Macro forum (and on FB).

I like the texture as is but I bet with some surface blur, you could get a strong metallic look to this. Not better but something different. :S3:

Arthur Morris
11-09-2011, 09:57 PM
Love the patterns and the colors but I would vote for toning them down a bit, esp. the YELLOWs. You might try adding a BLUE Photo Filter at 15% or so.....

Julie Kenward
11-10-2011, 08:27 AM
Thanks everyone. I'll go back and give your suggestions a try!