PDA

View Full Version : At the Dock

Mark Fuge
11-04-2011, 08:31 AM
This image, of a successful sponge boats haul, was taken at the Tarpon Springs Sponge Docks. While the sponges (top & center) are hung over the rigging, the bags on deck below them are about 5 feet in diameter, full of sponges. Just a for your info comment.

Modifications in CS4 included; DAP Aquarell, Topaz Denoise 5, Ink Outline, Fractalius, Accent Edges, Topaz Adjust 4, Selective Color, along with normal PS image adjustments.

Enjoy!

denise ippolito
11-04-2011, 03:54 PM
Super cool Mark, it really makes you want to see more. I didn't realize that they harvested sponges like that. I like your use of Aquarell.

Andrew McLachlan
11-04-2011, 08:54 PM
Cool filtering Mark, Nicely done!

Indranil Sircar
11-05-2011, 10:37 PM
This is interesting... i didn't know about sponge harvesting. Nice composition, Mark. I like the filtering and how you framed it.

Cheryl Slechta
11-06-2011, 05:30 PM
Mark, I always forget about Aquarell but you use it so well. I like your choice of filtering.:S3:

Mark Fuge
11-07-2011, 09:27 AM
Thanks all for viewing and comments. Appreciate it.

Been busy on my Facebook site, uploading images. Some photo friends got me into it as another way of displaying images.

Regarding sponge diving, it is primarily a hard hat operation off the Gulf Coast here. Tarpon Springs is a very interesting stop, if you get into the area in the future. They have boat tours out to the islands for bird photography and shelling. Haven't done that yet, but hope to soon.

Hope to be back here shortly but want to get the site going and our Christmas cards done, so might be a week or two before I am active again.