Canon 100mm f/2.8 Macro
Manual mode
1/1600"
F14
ISO 400
Canon 430EX with extended bounce card: On, Fired
HH
ACR & CS5

These flowers are small, running about 10 to 15 mm in diameter. As usual, it was breezy and these flowers were in constant motion.

Cropped, contrast, SH, selective color adjustments on the whites and yellows, NR, high pass and smart sharpening. I cloned out a leaf at the bottom left.

Bob Miller
11-03-2011, 07:55 PM
Hi Ken....I like this image. The yellows and whites are handled nicely and the bg really sets the whole thing off nicely. It would be nice to have the front petals as sharp as the others but as it i think they are acceptably sharp. I also like your composition...the repeating curves including the flower is very nice.

Julie Kenward
11-03-2011, 07:58 PM
Love the high contrast pop of this one, Ken. My only suggestion would be to get a bit more stem in the photo and alleviate a bit of that negative space at the top of the frame. This has great pop to it - your processing really takes it over the top!

Anita Bower
11-04-2011, 06:08 AM
Graceful and lovely. The white, yellow and green pop against the black bg. Good use of your flash. I like the tilt of the stem and flower. I would crop a bit off the top. REally lovely.

Steve Maxson
11-04-2011, 08:26 PM
This is a beauty, Ken! I like the slight diagonal of the comp that leads my eye up to the URC. Nice exposure, good overall sharpness, and the subject stands out very nicely against the background. The comp works for me, as presented. This is very well done!

Ken Childs
11-11-2011, 03:42 PM
Thanks all for the comments!

Jules, that's all the stem that was available. These are tiny flowers that grow on a bush and the stem on this particular flower was longer than most.