PDA

View Full Version : Dinner!

Larry Handal
11-03-2011, 06:07 AM
This Egret caught his dinner then flew and landed right in front of me for the show! I have some images where the snake head is more defined but the Egrets face is shaded.
Captured at Fort Desoto during low tide
Cropped slightly
Canon 1DM4 ,Canon 800mm 5.6 L IS
1/2000s f/8.0 at 800.0mm iso500

Jonathan Ashton
11-03-2011, 06:47 AM
Lovely exposure, it is very tight in the frame from a personal point of view I would like a little more space all round despite that I think the composition works well.

Randy Stout
11-03-2011, 07:14 AM
Larry:

Very interesting action, good timing. Agree with Jonathan, pretty tight framing. Easy to add a bit at the top.

You were shooting with a lot of lens, so don't suspect you have much canvas available.

Cheers

Randy

Bill Dix
11-03-2011, 08:03 AM
Great action captured. I might be tempted to try opening up the shadows just a bit, but not sure if that would do more harm than good. Also too tight for my taste. Given the aspect ratio as posted, you must have some room to the right or left.

Dan Behm
11-03-2011, 09:26 AM
Larry,
Great action you captured here, the exposure and details are very good.... Perhaps a 3x2 format would be pleasing as well with more room all around with emphasis on top and out in front of the bird, If the canvas is available given your shooting the 800... I viewed your Pbase galleries, some great stuff there.

Dan

Paul Guris
11-03-2011, 02:46 PM
I agree with Bill on the shadows. Perhaps just brightening the entire image a little would be enough.

BTW, I think the prey item is an American Eel and not a snake. The tail looks pretty compressed, the bottom edge seems to show finning, and it's not as tapered as I'd expect on most snakes.

Larry Handal
11-03-2011, 07:45 PM
I thought it might be too tight a crop also!
An eel? Had not thought about it but it probably is since it was low tide and its saltwater.