PDA

View Full Version : You talkin' to me?

Saurav Mahanta
11-02-2011, 02:18 AM
Another big female bear from Kamchatka,Russia. Needs a bit of NR on the background I believe.
Had to slide the quality down a lot to comply with the size restriction. I need to try a different resizing method for sure.
Specs: 1DIV 70-200@200mm f/4 ISO500 SS1/1600

Thanks for viewing!

Robert Amoruso
11-02-2011, 07:25 AM
Hi Sauray,

Welcome to the Wildlife forum on BPN.

I like the low angle and the tall stance you captured him it. Water off the claws a big plus. I very much like the luminance of the water and the good shadow detail in the bear.

Overall, I feel the IQ looks real good.

Marina Scarr
11-02-2011, 11:50 AM
Welcome to the wildlife forum! Wicked pose on this bear. It must have been windy b/c I see his "beard," the fur on his chest and the water off his claw are all flowing one way which adds a lot to the feel of the picture, as does the standing pose.

Looking forward to seeing more.

Paul Marcellini
11-02-2011, 04:04 PM
Nice! I like the pano crop and the graphical quality to the color contrasts.

Sid Garige
11-02-2011, 09:21 PM
Killer pose and wonderful comp Saurav.

Ken Watkins
11-02-2011, 10:28 PM
Great composition on this, the inclusion of the habitat and the positioning of the Bear are great.

How did you get to Kamchatka?

Saurav Mahanta
11-02-2011, 11:15 PM
Great composition on this, the inclusion of the habitat and the positioning of the Bear are great.

How did you get to Kamchatka?

Thanks a lot Ken.
I went with a couple of friends to Kamchatka in August'11. We took a flight out of Delhi to Moscow and then an Aeroflot flight from Moscow to Petropavlosk-Kamchatsky (which I believe is one of the worlds longest domestic flight :S3:)

Harshad Barve
11-03-2011, 01:34 AM
Very nicely done indeed
TFS

Morkel Erasmus
11-03-2011, 04:36 PM
Lovely scene here, well captured Saurav. :tinysmile_shy_t:
I like the look you got. I agree that the BG needs some NR.

It's good to have you on board. I want to encourage you to look at other members' postings here as well and supply some critique from your perspective...that's the way we all learn and grow in this wonderful hobby-cum-artform. :t3

Rachel Hollander
11-04-2011, 08:18 AM
Welcome to the wildlife forum. I really like the comp and the standing pose with the water running off the paw. Looking forward to seeing more posts.

TFS,
Rachel

Saurav Mahanta
11-04-2011, 01:02 PM
Thanks a lot guys! Really appreciate the feedback
@Morkel: I dont think I am qualified enough to comment on images of the great photographers out here..hence I refrain from doing so

Morkel Erasmus
11-05-2011, 04:16 PM
@Morkel: I dont think I am qualified enough to comment on images of the great photographers out here..hence I refrain from doing so

I think all of us here are unqualified in some aspect of our photography - we are constantly learning and growing, that's what makes it fun. Your perspective is unique to you, you might spot things that the photographer posting or other viewers miss...:t3

Our policy here is simple: if you like or if you don't - merely say WHY (and if possible, suggest ways to improve it) :c3:

RakeshDhareshwar
11-09-2011, 05:21 AM
Welcome to BPN , Saurav. I am guessing this one was with Vikram and Jayanth ?? Agree with your self crtique on the NR , otherwise a lovely image to open your account with !!