PDA

View Full Version : Native Wildflower Blur

Cheryl Slechta
11-01-2011, 07:25 PM
The wildflowers and grasses are in full bloom along the road near my house. For this blur I wanted to include the treeline which had some color in it as well - I'll be interested to see how you all feel about including it.:S3: I used a slight Topaz Simplify on the lower part. f/22, .5sec, ISO 100
Thanks for looking. Comments and suggestions appreciated.

Dennis Bishop
11-01-2011, 08:26 PM
I like what you did with the blur, Cheryl. You said you were interested in seeing what we thought about including the top... The colors in the bottom of the image echo those in the top to some extent but not nearly with the same impact. My eyes are pretty much drawn to the top and miss the good things about the bottom. I do like both, though, so here's what I'd try. Add a Hue/Saturation adjustment layer with increased saturation but mask it out at the top with a gradient. Add a second H/S layer with decreased saturation compared to the original and mask it out at the bottom with a gradient. Then you'll end up with all the nice blurs and colors and the same saturation in top and bottom.

Mark Fuge
11-02-2011, 08:45 AM
Nice image and appllcation, Cheryl.

Like the effect you have and the colors.

denise ippolito
11-02-2011, 08:55 AM
Cheryl, I like the soft colors and lines. If it were mine I'd crop the top and left so that you don't end up with a square crop since the vertical lines would look better with a vertical comp but that is a large crop. This has inspired me to get out there and do some blurs.:S3:

Andrew McLachlan
11-02-2011, 07:18 PM
Hi Cheryl, love the blur, but agree on the crop from the top...maybe just below the yellows. :S3:

Bob Miller
11-03-2011, 02:30 PM
Hi cheryl....I would crop from the top leaving only a tiny bit of yellows.....I am loving the beautiful soft lavender colors you have in this image!

Julie Kenward
11-03-2011, 07:51 PM
Love this, Cheryl! I wish those yellow flowers were a little higher in the frame so they felt more connected to the top area of the image but wow...great blur and the colors are fantastic!

John Storjohann
11-04-2011, 06:20 AM
Hi Cheryl;

This image has SO many possibilities...I've played with several crops...some with the top, some without the top...some square, some rectangular...some where I darkened the top a bit to bring it more in line with the bottom of the image...it is simply a really well done blur that has potential in a lot of different directions. Great lines...beautiful, pastel colors in the lower part of the frame, sprinkled with those bright, sunlit colors in the background...I'd love to see you play a bit and post some different possibilities!