PDA

View Full Version : Where to photograph, landing in Miami

annmpacheco
10-31-2011, 12:32 PM
I thought I'd ask for suggestions so I can create the most efficient and "packed" outings for the 4 days I will be on vacation. Day before Thanksgiving till Sunday, RT to Miami. I have a new used 500 and 1.4tc, with my new tripod. Looking forward to shooting as much as possible. Where would you go? I'm up for anything! Thanks, Ann

Roger Clark
11-02-2011, 07:33 AM
Ann,

I would go to the Anhinga trail and the Everglades (south) and Wakodahatchee Wetlands (north).

Roger

Luis Paez
11-11-2011, 04:53 PM
If you make your way to Wakodahathchee also go to Green Cay it is right around the corner.

Don Lacy
11-11-2011, 07:04 PM
What do you want to photograph and how far do you want to travel. Ahinga trail can be hit or miss this early its more dependable after December if you have never been to the Everglades then I would definitely go and make the trip make sure you go all the way to Flamingo and Eco pond you should find plenty of raptors on the drive. I would also spend a day at Brian Piccolo park shooting Burrowing Owls again spring is better with chicks but the Owls are so habituated you can easily get full frame images. North you have Wakodahatchee and Green Cay with Wako being your best bet should have the Blue Herons starting nest along with Ahingas. So thats three days and the fourth day I would spend on the West Coast at Little Estero if the tides are low in the morning or afternoon. I live in South East Florida and those are about the best spots now if your willing to travel to the middle of the state I can give you another list of places.