PDA

View Full Version : On Patrol

Mark Fuge
10-31-2011, 06:59 AM
This image, of a nurse shark patrolling, was taken at theTarpon Springs Aquarium. The overhead sunlight provided a very interestingeffect.

Modifications in CS4 included; Topaz Denoise 5, AccentedEdges, Fractalius, Topaz Clean 2, Topaz Adjust 4 and other PS imageadjustments.

Enjoy!

Dennis Bishop
10-31-2011, 08:03 AM
I'm guessing some of the effects you achieved were lost when the image was saved for display, here. I like the lighting, and the framing with the black border and the white stroke was a great touch.

denise ippolito
10-31-2011, 09:09 AM
Mark, It is nice to see you posting again. I wonder if we could make the shark out a little better if this would help. Nice job with the border and stroke as Dennis mentioned.:S3:

Cheryl Slechta
10-31-2011, 07:03 PM
Mark, I've missed you:S3: I love the emerald greens and blacks. If you could clone over the black spot in front of the shark's tail I think it would make the shark image a lot clearer. But, you know, YIYV (is that it??) The framing is great.

John Storjohann
11-01-2011, 05:25 AM
Hi Mark; I love the concept here...and I think Denise makes a good suggestion. If you could bring back a bit more of the shark...and maybe remove a bit of the grain/noise...it might put the image over the top. Nicely composed, great color, and the border works for me. Hope to see more from you.

Mark Fuge
11-01-2011, 07:03 AM
Hi Cheryl,

Been dealing with life, but hope to be here a little more regularily again. Still have the holidays to deal with, with the snowbirds migrating through here then. But as they are photogs, shoudn't be too bad a time! :w3

The blk spot is one of the fish in the tank. The darkness and texture lend itself to the normal concept of meeting a shark in the dark waters. But understand others views, that's just why I saw at the time as my vision. Art afterall is different strokes for other folks! :bg3:

Mark Fuge
11-01-2011, 07:04 AM
Thanks all for viewing and comments. Appreciate it.

The darkness and texture lend itself to the normal concept of meeting a shark in the dark waters. But understand other views, that's just what I saw at the time as my vision. Art afterall is different strokes for other folks! :bg3: