10-30-2011, 08:04 PM
Taken last year Florida
Canon 7D 300 mm 2.8 L
Canon ISO 250 5.6 @1/3200 Tripod
C&C always appreciated Thanks

Richard Stern
10-30-2011, 08:21 PM
Hi,

I like the overall feel of this, and the idea of the close-up. Nice sharpness on the eye, bill and head, but the whites on the neck are a bit hot, and the pink on the RHS where the light is coming in is a bit over-exposed. Great head angle, and effective bg. Overall a very pleasing image.

Richard

Cheryl Arena Molennor
10-30-2011, 08:35 PM
Hi,

I like the overall feel of this, and the idea of the close-up. Nice sharpness on the eye, bill and head, but the whites on the neck are a bit hot, and the pink on the RHS where the light is coming in is a bit over-exposed. Great head angle, and effective bg. Overall a very pleasing image.

Richard

Thanks Richar,
I thought the whites looked bright but theyare not showing blown in Raw . The pink feathers are also not showing blown and the numbers are actually in the 230 range. I toned down the brights anyway and here is the post. I think it's better.

Richard Stern
10-30-2011, 08:43 PM
Hi Cheryl,

I didn't say they were blown, just a bit hot - anyway, it's still a great image and your repost is even better.

Richard

arash_hazeghi
10-30-2011, 09:13 PM
great shot Cheryl, I like the BG too. I'd sharpen the head more

Svante Larsson
10-31-2011, 03:30 AM
Very nice shot but on my monitor it sure looks like there is a color cast (viewing the neck). I am trying to learn how to spot these things after getting comments on my images so please bear with me if I am wrong :e3.

Melissa Groo
10-31-2011, 06:32 AM
Wonderful profile shot if this spoonie, Cheryl. Love how the bird stands out against that dark background. I too think maybe I'm seeing a color cast. Maybe slightly greenish?

Cheryl Arena Molennor
10-31-2011, 10:07 AM
Hi Cheryl,

I didn't say they were blown, just a bit hot - anyway, it's still a great image and your repost is even better.

Richard
Thanks Richard, do they still look hot to you? I think better myself:S3:

Cheryl Arena Molennor
10-31-2011, 10:08 AM
Very nice shot but on my monitor it sure looks like there is a color cast (viewing the neck). I am trying to learn how to spot these things after getting comments on my images so please bear with me if I am wrong :e3.

Not sure myself I think toning it down a little created some greyish maybe? Thanks for commenting and adding that

Svante Larsson
10-31-2011, 10:31 AM
Hi Cheryl

I think like Melissa that it is a slighty blue-green cast. Using just the white-balance tool in LR3 gives a correction of +4 on temp and +8 on Tint. The image after white balancing looks like below.

Cheryl Arena Molennor
10-31-2011, 11:55 AM
Hi Cheryl

I think like Melissa that it is a slighty blue-green cast. Using just the white-balance tool in LR3 gives a correction of +4 on temp and +8 on Tint. The image after white balancing looks like below.
Thanks Svante. I don't know what caused it as I usually don't have the problem. How can I fix it in CS4?

Cheryl Arena Molennor
10-31-2011, 12:02 PM
Hi Cheryl

I used the white balance tool in Raw and chose daylight. Definate difference. Does this look better to you?

Kaustubh Deshpande
10-31-2011, 04:23 PM
Cheryl, i like the WB in your latest post the most. nice profile HA and eye contact. If mine, I'd add some more space on the right. nice details and exposure. and some NR on the BG. the eye looks gorgeous drawing the viewer in.

Melissa Groo
10-31-2011, 07:21 PM
Much better!

Stu Bowie
11-01-2011, 09:51 AM
Hey Cheryl, you have captured a great profile here, and just love the detail on the head and bill, not to mention the pink feathers on the body. Good DOF for F/5.6, and agree, some NR on the BG wont harm the image. Your repost does look better, although I dont see any cast in your OP.

Cheryl Arena Molennor
11-01-2011, 02:41 PM
Hey Cheryl, you have captured a great profile here, and just love the detail on the head and bill, not to mention the pink feathers on the body. Good DOF for F/5.6, and agree, some NR on the BG wont harm the image. Your repost does look better, although I dont see any cast in your OP.

Thanks Stuart
I fixed the cast for the repost but not the NR I forgot :(