PDA

View Full Version : It looks 1d MK IV will continue...

Humberto Ramos
10-30-2011, 01:41 PM
"Canon tells us that the EOS-1D MK IV will continue, so those who like the 1.3x crop factor can still opt to buy that camera." (If so its amazing for me :))"But these users may look jealously over the fence at 1DX users who have the new 61-point AF system and 12fps/14fps shooting." (in my case, with no AF at f/8 I don't think so...)

You can read it in the second page bottom in this review:

http://www.techradar.com/news/photography-video-capture/cameras/hands-on-canon-eos-1dx-review-1036453?artc_pg=1

David Stephens
10-31-2011, 10:04 AM
It'd be nice if Canon would get their story straight. The press release said the MkIV would be discontinued, or words to that affect.

arash_hazeghi
10-31-2011, 01:51 PM
I am not sure about the random statements on the internet. Press release trumps all such statements, even interviews by CW. Canon is a public company and their press release indicates the 1DMKIV is discontinued, if they change their direction they have to make another public announcement as this is material information.

Clemens Vanderwerf
10-31-2011, 02:38 PM
I spoke to a friend of mine who is a Canon Explorer of the Light. He was at Canon's introduction party of the new Canon 1DX during the Photofest show in New York this weekend. Canon has combined the 1Ds MkIII and the 1D MkIV into the new 1Dx. There will be NO new 1Ds MkIV and 1D MkV coming out anymore. From now on there will be one full frame pro body.

Ed Cordes
11-15-2011, 10:04 PM
I spoke to a friend of mine who is a Canon Explorer of the Light. He was at Canon's introduction party of the new Canon 1DX during the Photofest show in New York this weekend. Canon has combined the 1Ds MkIII and the 1D MkIV into the new 1Dx. There will be NO new 1Ds MkIV and 1D MkV coming out anymore. From now on there will be one full frame pro body.

This does not indicate the 1D Mark 4 will be discontinued. It just says there will only be one full frame body and no introduction of a MK4 replacement.

Elliotte Rusty Harold
11-24-2011, 09:21 AM
Given the limited megapixels in the Canon 1DX, this is disappointing. Full frame is great if you're shooting egrets from 2m away or landscapes. It's a waste of space if you're shooting Least Terns or warblers. I'd love a full frame camera with the pixel pitch of a 7D. The 1DX, I'm afraid, is going in the wrong direction. :-(