PDA

View Full Version : Happy Halloween

Jay Sheinfield
10-30-2011, 09:29 AM
Gigantic pumpkins at the local pumpkin patch. I used NIK Glamour Glow and gradient-like lighting

Happy Halloween everyone!

John Storjohann
10-30-2011, 09:56 AM
Jay, I like the processing you did on this one...particularly on the pumpkin in the foreground. I'd be tempted to do a curves layer and lightning the background pumpkin a bit in the upper corners. Love how the broken stems form anchor points for the image in opposite corners...your handling of the image during processing actually made the white areas on the pumpkins an attractive part of the composition. Nicely done...I'm tempted to head back out there with the clouds moving in!

Jay Sheinfield
10-30-2011, 10:05 AM
Jay, I like the processing you did on this one...particularly on the pumpkin in the foreground. I'd be tempted to do a curves layer and lightning the background pumpkin a bit in the upper corners. Love how the broken stems form anchor points for the image in opposite corners...your handling of the image during processing actually made the white areas on the pumpkins an attractive part of the composition. Nicely done...I'm tempted to head back out there with the clouds moving in!

Thanks John, this is the problem I am having with sRGB conversion, and its driving me nuts. The corners on my screen on the original image are bit brighter and the colors are truer..........I've tried everything! Next step is try to replacing my calibration puck, and see if that helps.

Dennis Bishop
10-30-2011, 04:09 PM
In my opinion, the darkness complements the rich colors of the foreground pumpkin. And it probably works well in terms of contrast with the whitish whatever on the pumpkin. I just look at it as negative space and am fine with it. Looks like good work to me.

Cheryl Slechta
10-30-2011, 05:20 PM
Jay, I love it just the way it is. The darker pumpkin seems to highlight the luminosity of the front pumpkin. Really nice work.:S3:

Ken Childs
10-30-2011, 05:44 PM
Hey Jay, here's another vote for leaving it as it is...I think the light and dark really compliment each other! Very nice work with the Glow. :S3:

Andrew McLachlan
10-30-2011, 07:24 PM
Hi Jay, nice work with the Nik filters! I think I would leave it as is also, but if you choose to brighten the pumpkin in the background I would do so only very slightly. Looks great to me!

Jay Sheinfield
10-30-2011, 11:42 PM
Thanks everyone for your feedback. Sounds like leaving it as is, is the way to go.

I'm off traveling for a couple of weeks........will be back.

Mark Fuge
10-31-2011, 07:14 AM
Nice image and application, Jay.

Like the effect of the colors and tones.

Happy Halloween!

denise ippolito
10-31-2011, 09:11 AM
Jay, I like the image and think that the darkness leaves a little to the imagination and that appeals to me.

Mitch Carucci
10-31-2011, 01:10 PM
Beautiful autumn image, Not just Halloween, but perfect for that also.

Jay Sheinfield
11-01-2011, 06:17 AM
Beautiful autumn image, Not just Halloween, but perfect for that also.

Mitch, thanks. Much appreciated.

Julie Kenward
11-01-2011, 08:10 AM
I could go either way on this one...but since the lower pumpkin takes up a little less than 2/3 of the space I'd have to vote for lightening up the back pumpkin just a bit more - especially around the stem area where it would echo the other stem in the opposing corner. Beautiful processing on this one Jay!