PDA

View Full Version : Pink Chaff Flowers

Madhav Jois
10-30-2011, 12:57 AM
I was on a hill top trying to shoot some birds with my telephoto lens. This bunch of back lit flowers caught my attention and I decided to make couple of images. It was on the very edge so getting close was out of the equation.

Exif: Nikon D90, Sigma 150-500 @400mm, f9, 1/250 shutters, ISO 200, -1.7 EV, Aperture priority mode, Handheld. This is 70% of the original frame.

C&C much appreciated.

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6219/6293911464_5d2ddb605d_b.jpg

cheers,
Madhav

Dave Leroy
10-30-2011, 10:49 AM
It is a lovely shot and good for you to see it and take the time to photograph it. I especially like the colors, contrast and back lighting. I guess it is the back lighting that really makes it for me.
A bit more on bottom might be nice and I imagine it only gets more cluttered the lower you go. Well done as is.

Allen Sparks
10-30-2011, 10:20 PM
Hi Madhav, I also think this is well done as is. Love the back lighting and tones against that dark BG. well done.

Julie Kenward
10-31-2011, 07:40 AM
It's a beauty! My one suggestion would be to see if you could carefully clone out the half cut off buds along the bottom of the frame. If you did that, I think this would take the image over the top. The backlighting and the super job on focusing on every bud really makes this image shine. It becomes less about the flowers and more about the pattern of the stems. Very cool!

Steve Maxson
11-01-2011, 02:09 PM
Hi Madjav. Beautiful lighting, colors, and patterns! Good job getting everything sharp and the flowers stand out nicely against the dark background. I agree with Jules about the flowers cut by the bottom of the frame - this is a strong image as presented, but if you could carefully remove them, this image would be well over the top. :S3:

Ken Childs
11-03-2011, 09:59 AM
Hey Madhav, Jules already mentioned the only thing you could do to improve this already beautiful image....clone out those cut flowers near the bottom and this one will be a real winner! :5

Madhav Jois
11-03-2011, 11:49 AM
Thank you Dave, Allen, Julie, Steve and Ken for the suggestion. I will work on removing the cut flowers this weekend.