PDA

View Full Version : MO 1926

John Storjohann
10-29-2011, 05:37 PM
As they used to say on the Monty Python show..."And now for something totally different..." :t3...at least for me! Jay and I went to a local pumpkin farm today, and while I shot a few more pumpkins, I also ventured into new territory for me...old cars and old farm machinery. Shot with the 24-105@88mm, f/16@1/60. RAW image processed in LR; after some basic adjustments I applied NIK's Tonal Contrast and Darken Contrast; then applied Topaz Simplify BuzzSim. All of the filtering done on different layers and I varied the opacity on each until I got the look I was hoping for. Did a layer mask on the Simplify layer to maintain detail and texture in the license plate.

Cheryl Slechta
10-29-2011, 07:34 PM
Hey, John, a neat image! I especially like the subtle filtering and keeping detail in the license plate. I think I'd evict the little line coming out of the top left (not quite in the corner) if it were mine.
Nice job:S3:

John Storjohann
10-30-2011, 10:15 AM
Hi Cheryl, and thank you for your comments and suggestions. You're right...now that I look at it, that little scratch/line on the surface of the car does draw the eye a bit...I'll take care of that and repost later...thanks again!

Jay Sheinfield
10-30-2011, 10:15 AM
John, very cool comp. I like the opposing diagonals of the headlight and the license plate/grill. It feels a bit right-side heavy, which might be addressed with brightening the headlight housing at the bottom where it fades to black...........just my opinion :).see you in a couple of weeks............

Andrew McLachlan
10-30-2011, 07:18 PM
Hi John, very nicely composed. Love the filtering you did on this one. Very nice work!

John Storjohann
10-31-2011, 05:27 AM
Thank you to all for the comments and suggestions. I removed the bright scratch in the finish...and brightened the headlight housing. Thanks again for the comments.

Jay Sheinfield
10-31-2011, 07:11 AM
Hi John,

Well, now that I see it brightened, I actually prefer the OP. Go figure! It's a great shot either way. Great eyes on this one.............

John Storjohann
10-31-2011, 04:59 PM
LOL...Jay, you're killing me :t3...I'm actually working on a "tweener" on this image. Have a safe trip...hope you have some great light and some great colors in the Smokies!