PDA

View Full Version : Lake of Two Rivers...

Ric Grupe
04-04-2008, 11:44 AM
...Algonquin Provincial Park, Ontario, Canada. First light.

Robert Amoruso
04-04-2008, 11:52 AM
Ric,

I like the mood and solitude look of the image. The right side tree and boat balance well with the island on the left. I wish for more detail in the shadows though. Perhaps a wee-bit brighter, perhaps.

Roman Kurywczak
04-04-2008, 01:24 PM
Hi Ric,
Digital or slide..........please post the specs if you have them........the dark areas kind of make me think scanned slide..............Bring it up a bit as per Robert's suggestions.....and then you might have to get rid of the posts??? on the right shore. Compositionally very good........so see if the tweaks help,
Roman

Alfred Forns
04-04-2008, 05:18 PM
Hi Ric As suggested a hint of shadow detail would have been nice but this is a mood image and you captured perfectly !!!! I like it a lot !!!

If you can please do post the tech info !!! Will be interesting!!

Ric Grupe
04-04-2008, 09:06 PM
Hi Ric As suggested a hint of shadow detail would have been nice but this is a mood image and you captured perfectly !!!! I like it a lot !!!

If you can please do post the tech info !!! Will be interesting!!

Thanks, Alfred. :)

I have other edits that showed more detail in the shadows. I didn't care for them. As you say this is a mood shot and making it brighter just doesn't work IMO. BTW, the original is somewhat lighter.

This was taken right behind the cabin we rented at Killarney Lodge on the lake. (I gained 5 lbs in 3 days due to the excellent food!).

I was able to walk out into the lake to get this angle with the aid of a tripod. I was very new to digital at the time.

Here's the exif:

Date/Time: 2005:09:28 06:23:09
Shutter speed: 1/640 sec
Aperture: 6.3
Exposure mode: Av
Exposure compensation: -1
Flash: Off
Metering mode: Partial
Drive mode: Single frame shooting
ISO: 400
Lens: 17 to 85mm
Focal length: 17mm
AF mode: One-shot AF

Ric Grupe
04-04-2008, 09:08 PM
Thanks, Roman. :-)

See my reply to Alfred for the particulars.

Ric Grupe
04-04-2008, 09:10 PM
Thanks, Robert. :-)

This is one of my favorites.

Alfred Forns
04-06-2008, 06:57 PM
Way to go with the food Ric !!! Can be dangerous but so much fun !!!! :):)