PDA

View Full Version : Field Sparrow on Apple blossoms

Dan Behm
10-29-2011, 12:46 PM
I captured this image back in Spring of this year, This Field Sparrow was working a field here in Ohio while I was chasing after warblers as they were coming onto territory. I found the bird to be responsive to recordings and quickly put a setup together this is one of the images that resulted from that setup.

Image Info: 1D4|600f/4| Iso200|F/8| 1/640th | Fill Flash at -3 w/ BB|Summit County, Ohio

Thanks for looking....Happy to hear any and all remarks!

Dan

Jim Buescher
10-29-2011, 01:18 PM
Oh... this is nice, real nice! Fantastic BG with the sparrow placed against the sky and the blossoms against the dark portion really balances the image. Flash softened the shadows just the right amount with overall perfect exposure. And sharp!

Melissa Groo
10-29-2011, 02:14 PM
Nice job quickly putting a set up together! Wow, how beautiful. Love the buds, the bird's inquisitive alert pose. Image quality is excellent. Perfect comp to me. Excellent image, Dan!

Gary Esman
10-29-2011, 02:18 PM
fantastic image Dan! Love everything about it. A true winner.

gary

Alan Murphy
10-29-2011, 04:08 PM
Now that's sweet. Love this one.

Don Lacy
10-29-2011, 06:16 PM
Very nice , love the apple blossoms

adrian dancy
10-29-2011, 07:08 PM
Picture perfect! Nothing to criticise and everything to like for a portrait.

Cheryl Arena Molennor
10-29-2011, 07:44 PM
Glorious setting and detali. Great fill flash work as well.

Brad Fields
10-30-2011, 04:33 AM
An excellent shot here Dan! Nice comp and the apple blossoms really add to the shot.

Daniel Cadieux
10-30-2011, 06:01 AM
I have lots of luck calling any many types of sparrows...but not the Field Sparrow!! Glad you had success here. Nice setup asnd techs, I'm just not craqzy about the leaf sticking out from the rump. Well done overall.

Stu Bowie
10-30-2011, 08:50 AM
Dan, lovely setting and pose, and I like how the tail follows the line of the perch. Good use of fill flash, sharp, and agree, you could trim away the distracting leaf. :w3

Dan Behm
10-30-2011, 01:29 PM
Oh... this is nice, real nice! Fantastic BG with the sparrow placed against the sky and the blossoms against the dark portion really balances the image. Flash softened the shadows just the right amount with overall perfect exposure. And sharp!

Hey Jim,
Thank you so much, appreciate the nice comments.

Nice job quickly putting a set up together! Wow, how beautiful. Love the buds, the bird's inquisitive alert pose. Image quality is excellent. Perfect comp to me. Excellent image, Dan!

Melissa,
Thank you... This area I had just found this past year, this field arrow where these birds were located was teaming with apple trees, nice perches were endless, If only Spring could last for 6 months like winter does :)

fantastic image Dan! Love everything about it. A true winner.

gary

Gary,
Thanks for looking and the nice comments!

Now that's sweet. Love this one.

Alan,
Glad you liked it, Thank you!

Very nice , love the apple blossoms

Don,
Appreciate that, Thanks

Picture perfect! Nothing to criticise and everything to like for a portrait.

Adrian,
Thank you, your very kind!

Glorious setting and detali. Great fill flash work as well.

Cheryl,
Pleased you feel that way, Thanks allot!

An excellent shot here Dan! Nice comp and the apple blossoms really add to the shot.

Brad,
Thank you very much, appreciate you stopping by and commenting!

I have lots of luck calling any many types of sparrows...but not the Field Sparrow!! Glad you had success here. Nice setup asnd techs, I'm just not craqzy about the leaf sticking out from the rump. Well done overall.

Daniel,
Appreciate your critique and comments, Thank you... I remember My initial impulse was to remove the leaf originally and did, but thought the image lacked balance and forewent the idea as it seemed to loose something. I will go back and have a try once again as often I find one days palette changes with the next.
As far as sparrows, This particular bird was very copperative and in general I found the Field sparrows here to be cooperative, Just seems to take them allot longer than say a chipping or Song Sparrow to commit.

Dan, lovely setting and pose, and I like how the tail follows the line of the perch. Good use of fill flash, sharp, and agree, you could trim away the distracting leaf. :w3

Stuart,
Thanks for looking in and commenting, I will have a go once again with the leaf and see if it strengthens the image once again...

Thanks again to everyone for commenting and those looking in!

Dan

Jim Crosswell
10-31-2011, 06:44 AM
Beautiful image Dan! I like the perch, pose and IQ.

Josh Clark
10-31-2011, 10:49 AM
Sweet shot Dan. Great use of fill flash here, as it really brought out the details of the Sparrow. Really like the perch you chose as well, the pink buds really add something to it. This shot makes me think spring all the way....until I look out the window that is. :w3 Also like the transitional bokeh in the BG.

Raymond Lee
10-31-2011, 01:12 PM
Beautiful composition! Perfect photo! No improvement needed!

Robert Holguin
10-31-2011, 04:40 PM
Beautiful image. Love the perch and the pose. Great light and excellent detail.
Well done.