PDA

View Full Version : Warthog Scrap

Ken Watkins
10-29-2011, 05:43 AM
Whilst bacing up some video files I found a back up some old images from our trip to Savute in 2010. I also found this which I am happy to share.

Two Male Warhogs were scrapping in a waterhole the do minant male was trying to keep the other one in the waterhole.

EOS 1D MkIV

500mm F4 IS hand-held from open game viewing vehicle

F8, ISO 1600, 1/5000 (don't ask :S3:)

Harshad Barve
10-29-2011, 07:16 AM
Perhaps everybody were down the pub sice couple of days as only Ken posted back to back images in last 24 hrs :w3
I could not post the image as I am enjoying F1 coverage from Noida , The second best F1 facility in world after Italy :S3:

Back to image Ken ,
This is super image , great action , nice one eye contact and compo works for me , water splash adding , congrats on excellent image
TFS

Ken Watkins
10-29-2011, 08:49 AM
Harshad,

I had not even noticed that I was the last to post before this post, strange but true, comments have also been a little thin on the ground.

Perhaps as you say everybody is down the pub, certainly the Arsenal fans (like me) will be:S3:

Thanks for your kind comments, I am also thankful for re-discovering this, one day I will arrange my images tidily:bg3:

Roger Clark
10-29-2011, 10:15 AM
Ken,

Great action image and the eye, including catchlight, really makes the image. Nice and sharp end to end!

Roger

Paul Taylor
10-29-2011, 02:33 PM
I'd be down the pub too (as another Arsenal fan) but the floods here have put a bit of a dampener on that kind of activity.... might find myself unable to get back. Part of the reason I am having a posting flurry (by my standards).

The image is excellent for me. Love colours and action, the water, and ( as already said) the eye makes it stand out. One clean and one dirty adds interest. Really nice tusks too!

Ken Watkins
10-29-2011, 11:18 PM
Roger and Paul,

Thanks for your comments, I appreciate them a lot:cheers::cheers: