PDA

View Full Version : Malabar Parakeet -Female

bishancm
10-28-2011, 11:44 PM
Hi All.
The complimentary pair of the Male parakeet posted yesterday.
Also called as the Blue-winged Parakeet or the Bababudan Parrot .
Shot in Coorg,Karnataka, India on 24th October 2011.
Nikon D300s with 600 f/4,

Just after the rains...f/4,1/400 sec, Iso 640 -2/3 EV,Handheld shot from inside the jeep resting on the window.

Regards,
Bishan

Gary Esman
10-29-2011, 05:03 AM
Like the hanging pose here, unique. Nice HA, and eye contact. The extended tail adds to the image in my opinion. Light looks soft, nice job.

Gary.

Arthur Morris
10-29-2011, 09:53 AM
Quite lovely. I'd take a bit off the top, to just above the one red berry. Do you have a bit more room below? Clipping that last leaf is distracting..... I'd add canvas and the tip of the leaf I I did not have any more below. Pointing the lens down a bit in the field would have been the best approach. Lovely bird and pose, nice soft light, and perfect head position.

A huge welcome bhai and thanks for your membership support.

Dave Leroy
10-29-2011, 09:54 AM
I really like the pose and environmental aspect of the shot. I am not familiar with the color of these birds, but to my eye it looks like lots of green light bouncing around in the forest and perhaps a greenish/blue colorcast is present. Easy fix if it is there but for you to decide real colors.

Nice to see the clear shot of bird as well.

Bill Dix
10-29-2011, 10:08 AM
Lovely bird and perch, nicely captured. Great pose. Before reading Artie's post, I had a similar reaction to the comp -- take some off the top, add a slivver to the bottom to complete the leaf, add a tiny bit to the left and take an equal amount off the right (assuming, or course, that all this is possible). It might also be worth trying to tone down the brightest spots in the BG. In any event, a handsome shot just as posted. Looking forward to more.

bishancm
10-29-2011, 12:49 PM
Dear Gary,Artie Bhai,Dave and Bill,
Thank you for kind comments.
@ Dave,This was taken in the middle of the forest with lot of green all around early in the morning,covered by mist just after a spell of rains.Any attempt reducing the greens changed the colours of this bird.
These generally perch on top of tall trees and are like little rockets.Its a sight to see them maneuvering their way among the trees at great speed with screeching sounds. Was lucky to get them at eye level like this.

Have Reposted it by adding to left from the other photographs and recreating the bottom with photoshop.Cropped off the top and right and Reduced a wee bit of green and slightly toned down the bright spots.
Kindly comment.
Regards,
Bishan

Bill Dix
10-30-2011, 09:11 AM
Very nice. Repost makes a big difference IMHO.

Arthur Morris
10-30-2011, 10:22 AM
Dear Gary,Artie Bhai,Dave and Bill,
Thank you for kind comments.
@ Dave,This was taken in the middle of the forest with lot of green all around early in the morning,covered by mist just after a spell of rains.Any attempt reducing the greens changed the colours of this bird.
These generally perch on top of tall trees and are like little rockets.Its a sight to see them maneuvering their way among the trees at great speed with screeching sounds. Was lucky to get them at eye level like this.

Have Reposted it by adding to left from the other photographs and recreating the bottom with photoshop.Cropped off the top and right and Reduced a wee bit of green and slightly toned down the bright spots.
Kindly comment.

Regards,
Bishan

Bishan-bhai, We need more students like you. The repost is perfect. Love the knew image design. You can learn a ton more about composition ("if an object is worth including in the frame, you need to include the whole thing with a small border,") in The Art of Bird Photography II (https://store.birdsasart.com/shop/item.aspx?itemid=19)(ABP II: 916 pages on CD only).