PDA

View Full Version : Away for a while...

Kerry Perkins
10-28-2011, 10:46 PM
Hello all, I am having cataract surgery in November and December and am taking some time off from BPN. I assure you that I will be back in January, with better vision and better critiques. Those of you who thought "he must be blind" were right! I am not seeing very well but all will be repaired very soon. :eek3: See you in a couple of months...

A snowy in flight from Malibu Lagoon. Late evening sun.

7D, EF400mm f/5.6L
Manual mode, f/5.6@1/3200 ISO 400 WB 4700K
AI Servo autofocus, hand-held no flash

Chris Korman
10-28-2011, 10:53 PM
Kerry, a very pleasant image you've captured, good wing position, colors, BG and focus and direction of light! I might "add" a little canvas to the right. I hope you have a speedy recovery and thank you for all the help you've lent to me in the past!

Shreeni Rao
10-29-2011, 01:15 PM
Wish you a top speed recovery Kerry.

Jeff Cashdollar
10-29-2011, 09:21 PM
Kerry,

The whites are nailed and techs are spot on. Take care and hurry back.

Best, J$

Sachin Saraf
10-29-2011, 10:29 PM
This is fantastic capture....Excellent exposure on this one whites are absolutely spot on...Very sharp and love to see both feet in frame...Amazing!!

Pete Padilla
10-29-2011, 10:35 PM
Hey Kerry, hope all goes well for you. Let me know if I can do anything for you. Great pic., gonna have to go to the Lagoon with you when you're doing better.

Pete

Paul Guris
11-02-2011, 08:50 AM
My wife had cataract surgery done to both eyes some years ago due to a side effect from the drugs she takes for her lupus. The first thing she noticed was that things that had previously looked green were actually bluer than she realized. This resulted in a repainting of the kitchen, something not covered by our health insurance for some reason.

Good luck with the surgery.

Gerald Kelberg
11-02-2011, 03:03 PM
Hi Kerry,

Love the egret - excellent image quality and great perspective with the back view and the feet.

Good luck with the surgery - I'm sure you will see things differently when it's all done.

Loved Paul's comment above - really had me on the floor! So true!

Best wishes,

Gerald