PDA

View Full Version : Pear Painting

Julie Kenward
10-28-2011, 08:10 PM
I was grocery shopping yesterday evening and looked up to see these beautiful red pears in one of the displays. I brought home three to see what I could do with them and will no doubt shoot them again tomorrow in better light right before I turn them into Pear, Cranberry and Gingersnap Crumble. :bg3: Tonight, though, I took a quick flash image of one on top of a wooden table, cleaned it up in Photoshop and then took it for a spin in Fotosketcher using their oil painting setting.

Dennis Bishop
10-28-2011, 08:20 PM
There's a lot to like about this, Jules, but I think the best part is the simplicity. Hopefully you'll share some of tomorrow's images with us, too. I can't wait to see the other pair. (Couldn't resist that.)

Andrew McLachlan
10-28-2011, 08:41 PM
Hi Julie, I like the simplicity of this. Very nicely filtered too! Nice work! I'm hoping you'll share some of the crumble with us :bg3:

denise ippolito
10-29-2011, 11:24 AM
Jules, I like the color tones and the square crop. It looks a little tight on the bottom.

John Storjohann
10-29-2011, 05:40 PM
Julie, I like the processing..it just seems a little tight to me all around...particularly on the bottom and left. Great lighting...wonderful textures..you have me curious now about that filter!...hoping to see more!

Cheryl Slechta
10-29-2011, 07:36 PM
Jules, I like the simplicity of the composition and the textures are lovely. I think it seems a little tight on the bottom.

Hazel Grant
10-29-2011, 08:41 PM
If I may echo some of the above....great look. love it, esp the simplicity and texture. I do think, too that it is a bit tight at the bottom.

Hope the crumble was as good as the photo here!!!!!!!! yum

Ken Childs
10-30-2011, 09:37 AM
Nice work on this one, Jules! Nice fall colors, too.
I agree with the point made about needing a bit more space on the bottom. If the gold table took up a little closer to 1/3 of the image, I think this one would be perfect!

Jay Sheinfield
10-30-2011, 10:24 AM
Julie, Agree with the tight at the bottom. Otherwise very nice.............the lean of the pear to LRC does it for me. Good textures.........

Mitch Carucci
10-31-2011, 01:12 PM
Perfect Pear!