PDA

View Full Version : Eaurasian Spoonbill in B&W

Angad Achappa
10-26-2011, 05:13 AM
Canon EOS 20D
Sigma 50-500mm - handheld from a boat
1/2000sec, F7.1, ISO-200, EV -1

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6240/6282864704_22ef655be9_b.jpg

Converted to B&W using CS3 & cloned out a few hot spots. Does this look decent enough?

Regards,
Angad Achappa

Jeff Cashdollar
10-27-2011, 09:46 PM
Angad,

I really like this shot. Very original and a unique perspective - well done. You controlled the frame well and the black background complements the white subject. Water drops are a plus and great the action here. Nice approach with the boat. The simple subject displayed in a B&W format works well for me. Good example of form and gesture working together in an image. Thanks, and keep em coming.

Sid Garige
10-27-2011, 09:57 PM
Angad,

This is brilliant. I would pay little more attention to halo around the legs.
One of the very impressive bird images I have seen.

Angad Achappa
10-28-2011, 11:35 PM
Thank you Jeff & Sid.

Sid, are you sure you can see a halo around the legs, because i don't think i touched that part of the image? Could be the way the sunlights falling on the legs. Do let me know.

Do you guys think this image should be posted in the main Avian forum?

John Chardine
10-29-2011, 05:46 AM
Hi Angad- I like this very much too, partly because I'm a big fan of B&W but all the bird itself, the sharpness, action and lighting. The light looks like it's coming from your left but it's hard to tell if it's back light. The front of the bird's legs looks lit up and this could be from the light source but the backs of them also look lit up and this could be from the sharpening. Take a look at the original and see of it's there.

Lots of avian folks look here too. Leave it a while here and then it would be no problem to post to avian saying you had posted this image to ETL, say a month ago or so.

Angad Achappa
10-30-2011, 12:54 AM
Thank you John, i just checked the raw file, the light behind the leg was there, but yeah it looks a little more prominent in the B&W. Thank you all again. Enjoy your weekends!! :S3: