PDA

View Full Version : Secretary Bird

Harshad Barve
10-26-2011, 12:06 AM
Dear All
Back from great birding trip to Lake Nakuru ,
Can you believe got lions in PURE birding trip :bg3:, Looks like big cats follows Big Cat Tours

Secretary Bird in hunting mood

D3 , 200-400?f4 at 380/F4 , 1/5000 , HH
All C & C are most welcome
Harshad

Ken Watkins
10-26-2011, 03:46 AM
Harshad,

Well this is certainly a different pose for this beautiful bird, not often that you get to see the underside of the wing on the ground.

Obviously a little more head turn to show the eye clearly would have been great, but for me it is a different type of shot to the regular portraits, therefore I like it a lot:cheers::cheers:

Randy Stout
10-26-2011, 06:48 AM
Harshad:

Ken summarized my feelings. I do wish for a bit more eye contact, but the pose is interesting, he is obviously active and working at something, so still effective. Might be fun if you had a series to show his hunting behaviour.

Cheers

Randy

Bill Dix
10-26-2011, 08:24 AM
Interesting pose - a bit out of the ordinary, but nicely captured.

Daniel Cadieux
10-26-2011, 11:16 AM
Sounds like you had a great trip!! Yes, interesting pose for sure...almost like an end of show bow. Great to see a full body view from head to toe! I too wish to see the eye, and I find the sharpening rather strong as posted.

Stu Bowie
10-26-2011, 01:04 PM
Bhai, I have just come back from the Kruger National Park, and got some images of two secretary birds, but not in the open like this. Great to see the whole body, together with the raised wings. His foot is probably on something fairly small. Glad you had a great trip. :w3