PDA

View Full Version : Intertwined!

Indranil Sircar
10-24-2011, 02:30 AM
This was destined for trash... eventually I decided to try something out of it and post here! I took this over the weekend towards the evening. This Great Egret was fishing close by and with the low light condition, I decided to switch to 1/15 sec setting. The blurs of the catch were not effective and so I switched to 1/8 sec when the Egret decided to take off. It's fast take off movement came about almost as a double exposure! For processing I applied fract on a layer and reduced opacity. Also added a layer with gradient of the bg to soften the blur effect on the water. Hope you like it...

John Storjohann
10-24-2011, 06:22 AM
Indranil, I'm glad this one didn't find it's way to the trash...a beautiful image!!! Very nice processing...just the right amount of Fractalius...wonderful colors in the background...a very ethereal, serene image! If it were mine, I might add a layer...apply Topaz->Adjust->Mild Color Pop and play with the opacity...just to give that wee bit of punch to those beautiful early morning colors. I really like this-well done! :cheers:

Dennis Bishop
10-24-2011, 07:01 AM
I'm glad, too, that you didn't trash the original. It's a nice composition and the background is dynamite. I like the softness of the egret with the highlights along the leading edges of the neck and wings. The only thing I might try because of the way I look at it would be to back off the highlights in the body area just a tad. Great image.

Michael Gerald-Yamasaki
10-24-2011, 11:13 AM
Indranil,

Greetings. Really like the intertwined neck & the overall flow of the image. Very cool... wouldn't change a thing. Good show!

Cheers,

-Michael-

Julie Kenward
10-24-2011, 06:20 PM
I love this, Indranil. I do think giving the colors a bump and letting the soft pinks shine through a bit more so they aren't quite as muddied would really play well against the egret. I think the exposure/blur is wonderful but would clean up the trails left at the bottom of the feet.

Andrew McLachlan
10-24-2011, 07:32 PM
Hi Indranil, quite glad you did not delete this one. I think it is lovely. The double-like exposure is really cool and the processing is perfect!

Indranil Sircar
10-25-2011, 10:34 PM
Thank you all. I appreciate it. Here is a repost with the suggestions...

denise ippolito
10-26-2011, 09:06 AM
Indranil, I like the repost but I also like the trails at the feet. Very nice blur!

Mitch Carucci
10-27-2011, 06:48 PM
Indranil,

This is very elegant. Beautiful.