PDA

View Full Version : Distant Land

Ken Watkins
10-24-2011, 01:19 AM
I do not post here often, and generally only sunsets over Lake Kariba.

This is from our recent visit to Matusadona, 18th September 2011.

EOS 1D MkIII

70-200mm F2.8 MkII at 85mm hand held from boat

F2.8, ISO 800, 1/80

Rachel Hollander
10-24-2011, 08:12 AM
Ken - beautiful, soothing colors. It's a little too 50/50 between sky and water for me, especially without anything anchoring the image or any real detail in the sky. If it were mine, I would probably crop about 50% of the sky, leaving the water as is with the slight ripples and reflected colors. You should post here more often.

TFS,
Rachel

Andrew Aveley
10-24-2011, 01:32 PM
Ken , colours and tones are amazing. Little CCW rotation to level the horizon. This is the type of image I can see printed really large on wall in open space living room. Tranquil and peaceful. Maybe personal taste but a little local contrast enhancement. Not everyones technical cup of tea but nicely done:)

Andrew McLachlan
10-24-2011, 08:17 PM
Hi Ken, love the colors here. I am okay with the 50/50 split for this type of image. Agree on the rotation. Nice work!

dankearl
10-24-2011, 11:05 PM
Beautiful image, Ken, surreal.
Nice PP, water is awesome. The fine line at the horizon that separates the water and sky, makes the
Image. Natural or processed?

Ken Watkins
10-24-2011, 11:16 PM
Thanks everbody for your kind comments and suggestions they are much appreciated.

Rachel,

I know I should take more landscapes but I generally do not as I am usually ddriving long distance as quickly as possible to get too the animals:S3: Matusadon and Lake Kariba is just abot the only place that gives me the opportunity, and of course it inspires

Andrew A,

You know me rotation is the one thing that I never get right:bg3::bg3:

Dankearl,

Natural, I would have no idea how to add it.

Robert Amoruso
10-25-2011, 04:08 PM
Beautiful image, Ken, surreal.
Nice PP, water is awesome. The fine line at the horizon that separates the water and sky, makes the
Image. Natural or processed?

Dan,

The line is very typical of water on the horizon - I assume a concentration of reflected light concentrated at the much more compressed distant hoizon

Ken,

Though you could crop this, I like it as is. I would crop this as you have it and two pano crops (one form top and one from bottom) and live with them for a time to help decide which works best.

Ken Watkins
10-25-2011, 11:00 PM
Robert,

Thanks very much, I hope it does look good printed as I am using it for my calendar:cheers::cheers:

Jerry van Dijk
10-26-2011, 02:04 PM
Hi Ken, great colors and different shades! I really like the soft ripply water. Agree on the rotation. I can definitely live with a 50/50 of water and sky on this image if it was truly 50/50. Just a sliver off the top should do the trick.

Morkel Erasmus
11-03-2011, 05:18 AM
Love the colours and simplicity here Ken. Some good points raised and suggestions made, I agree this would look good printed big...:w3

Harshad Barve
11-03-2011, 07:34 AM
Such images wants you to go to the place

Top stuff here
TFS

I hope it does look good printed as I am using it for my calendar:cheers::cheers:

How to get one copy of calender :w3