PDA

View Full Version : Sunrise in Percé

Rene Quenneville
10-23-2011, 06:50 PM
Picture from last August. We had to wait 3 days to catch the colors in the sunrise. Taken at 4h51 AM, early but well worthed. This is from the front of my motel room. I did try to use the fence as a foreground element. It is a new technique I did try with this 3 exposure HDR:
1- the sky revealed better colors with the tone compressor method but the foreground was all back
2- the foreground was more appealing with the detail enhancer methode

I did process using both methods and blended the 2 images in PS. Then I did some dodging and burning.

1/15 (+&- 1EV)
f/18
iso 400
40mm

Rachel Hollander
10-24-2011, 08:06 AM
Rene - beautiful colors and I really like how they are reflected in the water. Did you get any without the fence and brush in the fg?

TFS,
Rachel

Andrew Aveley
10-24-2011, 01:27 PM
Great technical editing skills :eek3: well presented and like the human element. Hope you got one without that fence :Whoa!:

Andrew McLachlan
10-24-2011, 08:22 PM
Rene, great colours in the sky. Nice to see a different view of this landmark. Someday I will head east to check this out for myself. The rock looks a little soft to me. This scene would look great with just water, rock and sky too. Look forward to seeing those if you have them.

Robert Amoruso
10-25-2011, 04:14 PM
Rene,

I would have to agree, the fence and brush is distracting from the scene. If this was just the fence that you could see through, I feel this would be better.

Great color and agree the rock looks a bit soft at the edges.