PDA

View Full Version : The Big Year (photos in the movie)

Daniel Cadieux
10-23-2011, 02:15 PM
Hey guys, just saw "The Big Year"...an OK movie, I enjoyed it. At the end credits there are hundreds of bird photos scrolling quickly (way too quickly actually), most of them of seemingly excellent quality. Just wondering if there was any mention of credits for them...I didn't see any (unless I missed them), and I'm thinking we'd likely know a few of the names of the photographers. Anyone knows?

John Chardine
10-25-2011, 03:46 PM
Nope. Must see the movie.

Dennis Bishop
10-30-2011, 04:39 PM
Right up front, I don't know the answer to your question. However ... At the Midwest Birding Symposium, which was held in September at Lakeside, Ohio, the real Brad Harris (played by Jack Black in the movie) was one of the speakers. In real life, he was incredible. His talk was about the movie in one way or another. I can't remember that he said anything about the photos you mentioned, but he might've. Bird Watchers Digest, the moving force behind the symposium, has started posting speaker clips on their website -- http://www.birdwatchersdigest.com/mwb2011/audio-video.php So far, only a few are there, but Brad Harris' talk might show up, later.

The next MBS will be held at Lakeside in 2013, and -- for what it's worth -- I highly recommend it. (Fine print -- I'm in no way affiliated, etc, etc)