PDA

View Full Version : Kestral about to land

Robert Hardy
10-21-2011, 05:14 PM
I had seen a Kestral on this post a week ago and wondered if i could get a shot as it came to land (might not be the same one ) my first 4 hours watching the post gave me nothing so i went back the next day and after another 4 hours this bird came in to land and gave me a chance to get the shot :S3:
Rob.
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f285/GYROB/kes-land-3.jpg

Doug Brown
10-22-2011, 12:30 PM
Good timing Robert! I like the outstretched talons and fanned tail feathers. It would help the critique process if you could post your complete techs for the shot. Maximum focus appears to be on the near wing. I would have preferred that the far wing not merge with the head. I might dodge the head a little. And there appears to be a slight magenta cast. Thanks for posting!

Arthur Morris
10-22-2011, 08:59 PM
Robert, The big problem for me with this one is the lack of sharpness on the head and body as Doug noted. Lovely bird and pose. Did you add the catchlight?

Tom Redd
10-22-2011, 10:53 PM
Robert, your patience paid off. I hope she visits more frequently for you as they are very fine looking birds. I agree with the previous comments by Doug and Artie. I do like the pose and I look forward to your next shot of her. TFS

Robert Hardy
10-23-2011, 06:30 AM
Thanks for comments im not too good at PP work and have a lot to learn ,yes i did add the catchlight Artie as i thought it gave more life to the shot, i guess i have made it to strong .
The shot was taken with a 7d 500f4isL +1.4tc 1/2000sec f5.6 iso 400 .
I went for a fast shutter speed rather than stop down to freeze the motion this shot only gave me 2 seconds from seeing the bird to pressing the shutter so i thought a fast shutter speed rather than stoping down .
Rob.