PDA

View Full Version : Greater Yellowlegs photomerge

Dan Brown
04-04-2008, 12:12 AM
Hi all. This is my first post to BNP. I have attempted to post a photomerge of three images using CS3, I hope that it is viewable. The images used to produce this file were shot with my relatively new Nikon D200, 400 f3-5 EDIF manual focus + TC14B at ISO 100 - 1/1600sec. I found that I had to crop the three images down in front and in back of the bird and then use the interactive setting of photomerge in order to get it to work. I used a tipical workflow (shadow&highlights, levels,curves,hue&sat.,selectivecolor). I sharpened with Nik Sharpener Pro Inkjet set for Display. Dan Brown, Sacramento, CA

Robert Amoruso
04-04-2008, 07:22 AM
Hi Dan and welcome to BPN. Nice first post and a different type of pano for this forum, a bird pano. I do these - perhaps I should post one. Anyway, I am guessing that is the same bird in each image walking forward.

Your merging looks great - I can see no issues there. You have good head-angle on the last pose but the two in front are facing a bit away from you. I would have preferred a bit more room between the second and third (bill on third close to rump on second). I love the grass in the water - a real nice graphic touch to the image. The room in front of the first bird just right as is the room behind the one in the rear.

Nice work and keep them coming.