PDA

View Full Version : Cemetery Hill

Bob Miller
10-19-2011, 01:47 PM
Halloween is coming! This cemetery shot started out as a infra red shot . I then applied Fractilius to it
Nikon D-300
18-200 at 34mm
1/250 sec at f10
ISO 400

Hazel Grant
10-19-2011, 03:42 PM
Hmmmm. May have to try this technique to my cemetery one. but I don't have the swirling sky etc. That swirl catches the swirl of the grass below--good comp. Wouldn't be quite a interesting without the open gate. The intebsisty of the black vs white heavy lines adds a lot.

denise ippolito
10-19-2011, 04:38 PM
Bob, Great looking effect and image! It is spooky. I see what looks like a a ghost right in the center:S3: Very cool. I think the IR was a great choice. I agree w/ Hazel-the open gate makes it special.

Cheryl Slechta
10-19-2011, 06:29 PM
Bob - a great idea to incorporate IR and Fractalius. I like the shadows and the effect on the fence especially.:S3:

John Storjohann
10-19-2011, 06:47 PM
Bob, this processing technique is so cool...it looks like a lithograph out of an Edgar Allen Poe book. You can almost hear the "tell-tale heart" beating in the background. I love the strong lines of the fence and gate...the tilt of the headstones and the texture on the cross...the half-open gate is both inviting and intimidating (WHY do people go through those gates in the horror movies? :t3)....my only real critique is that I might have blurred the clouds a bit or masked them for a slightly different "feel" from processing...more of a mist or more of a wispy, translucent effect...just thinking out loud. Nicely done!

Brendan Dozier
10-19-2011, 09:06 PM
Love the spooky Halloween look to this, Bob. Great combination of infrared and fractilius processing, to get a dark moody etching like textures. Like the open gate, you can almost here it squeaking. Nice work!

Dennis Bishop
10-20-2011, 04:26 PM
The combination of infrared and Fractalius is just perfect for this. As others have already observed, that open gate is a key element. I think the strong shadows from the horizontal parts of the gate leading the eye into the cemetery is icing on the cake.

I've got to echo what John said about the clouds. Backing off a bit in some way or other would reduce their competition with the rest of the image and probably add some depth. In any case, it's a great image.

Andrew McLachlan
10-20-2011, 05:02 PM
Hi Bob. I love this one! The infrared and the fract go perfectly together here. Great image!

Mitch Carucci
10-22-2011, 02:33 PM
Spoooooky! Great handling of the subject.