PDA

View Full Version : New Orleans cemetery a la Christopher????

Hazel Grant
10-19-2011, 11:24 AM
Tried some of Christopher's steps in his Walk in the Woods. Couldn't use all of them because subject matter was so different, but learned from some of them, including texture. I used distort filter, vignette instead of his steps. Trying for an old vitage look of one of those cemeteries. Unfortunately, we got there after the place had closed so that was the only shot I could get through the gate.

Bob Miller
10-19-2011, 01:36 PM
Hazel ...i would say you suceeded in getting that " vintage" look. The texture you applied also seems good to me.

Christopher Miller
10-19-2011, 03:42 PM
Great old photo, Hazel! I love the texture and faded look that you achieved. I think if you could somehow make the cross stand out a little more that would make it even better. I'm glad you found the tutorial helpful.

PS. My mom was looking over my shoulder as I typed this, and she said to tell you she really likes the image too! :S3:

denise ippolito
10-19-2011, 04:44 PM
Hazel, This does look like a faded old photo! Great job with the processing. Christopher's tutorials are very helpful. I wonder if toning down the area behind the cross might make the cross stand out a bit more. Nice job.:S3:

John Storjohann
10-19-2011, 06:56 PM
Hazel, you did a wonderful job of "aging" this image...it has an eerie, haunting feel to it...you almost expect to see a specter staring at you out of one corner, or to hear the creaking of the wrought iron gate. I might have added a low opacity layer of tonal contrast...to give just a wee bit of pop to the image...but that might have taken away from the atmosphere you've created, too....well done!

Brendan Dozier
10-19-2011, 08:59 PM
Nice aged, vintage look you created, Hazel. It does have a subtle eeriness to it. Good suggestions above.

Andrew McLachlan
10-20-2011, 04:57 PM
Hi Hazel, nicely aged image. Very nice work!

Ken Childs
10-22-2011, 11:27 AM
Hi Hazel, you definitely succeeded in creating a convincing looking aged photo! A few torn edges would complete the deception. :w3
I understand the comments about toning down the area behind the cross but overly bright areas like this are common on old photos so if it were mine, I'd leave it as is. Well done!