PDA

View Full Version : Fonthill Castle Revisited

Dave Mills
10-18-2011, 06:05 PM
I went to Fonthill Castle on sunday with Roman K and co-led by Susan Candelario. The workshop was filled and everyone thought it was a great shoot along with an excellent HDR lecture. Being there one time before I knew what I wanted to shoot but saw lots of new areas on the 3rd floor. That area was closed off this summer due to the heat. I've been combining images for the last 2 days and now have a large collection of images from this most eclectic place.
This is an 8 image HDR. The room was quite dark but the hallway was alot brighter.

Brendan Dozier
10-18-2011, 11:20 PM
This turned out very nice, Dave. Like the light glow from the windows, and lamp. Nicely composed, with a pleasing variety of color, detail, & textures.

Maureen Allen
10-19-2011, 06:53 PM
I like this, Dave. It's an interesting composition, with the simplicity and almost stark furnishings against the highly decorative ceiling and walls. I'm fascinated by the reflected lighting on the bed.

John Storjohann
10-19-2011, 07:04 PM
Dave, Fonthill must be an incredible place to visit, and I like what you've done with this HDR image. The glow from the hallway...the contrast of the rich, warm colors on the walls and ceiling and the contrast of the cook, deep blue of the floor...the almost fountain like effect of the curved arches in the ceiling...the different looks offered by all the framed images...it's a feature rich image, nicely seen and nicely processed. Thank you for sharing!

Dave Mills
10-19-2011, 10:55 PM
Thanks for the comments folks. Greatly appreciated!
John, it is an incredible place. I've toured many mansions(especially by the Hudson) and have never seen anything quite like it. The owner/designer definately marched to his own drummer!